The REAL damage that the aimbot has done...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QuietMan

Dec 17, 1999
go.to
Originally posted by little darlin
ummhh, yes, and that is why it's ironic my friend. You unintentionally confirmed all the problems that this thread was referring to. that=Irony:D

no I intenionally confirmed them...but whatever makes you happy ...thats the main thing :)

Slick_Willy

Anyone Else Want Some?
I like the stupid newbies that are convince you are cheating just by your score. I really pissed someone off last night because he was convinced I was cheating and proceeding to make racial comments and was annoying everyone. Only thing was he couldn't even tell me how I was cheating or what I was doing that seemed like I was cheating. He just was convinced I was cheating because my score was so high. That's the funniest, they think you have some godmode bot and all kinds of stuff.

ben harkins

Mar 29, 2001
Visit site
no I intenionally confirmed them...but whatever makes you happy ...thats the main thing

You intentionally set out to prove the point that none of us should trust each other in this game? Well, even If I believe that, then all I have to say to you is: thats great, your choosing to be part of the problem rather than just stumbling into it blindly. Nice job.:rolleyes:

QuietMan

Dec 17, 1999
go.to
You and comprehension only have a passing acquaintance I take it Lil Darling.

Read carefully, I confirmed it is bad that aimbotters cause false accusations, I said if you take a game seriously and are concerned that someone thinks you are a aimbotter then you have a way to prove otherwise, likewise you can ask them to verifiy if you feel the need. If your not concerned (playing with trusted friends or you choose to trust everyone) then it doesn't matter you should be just be having fun anyway. Its always a choice.

Obviously if no aimbots exsist we would not have to "test' and we could trust implicitly. Your point I think, is that its a shame that humans are, well, human and I agree. It is a shame we are built this way. You go and sit in corner and contemplate man's fall from grace, in the meantime I'll offer pratical solutions if you don't mind.
:p

{DrF}GENERALX

The General
May 25, 2001
Fresno, California
Die aimbot!

Ahh, the aimbot. I was once on Black projects, and I was on fire!, my score was around 275 (my highest ever), and then.. I started getting comments like: "nice shot...aimbot", and "GENERAL X is an aimbot". Is this just the new cop out for when your getting your a$$ kicked? I agree it takes away the glory of achieving a high score during a game , and certainly from those who are on the ladders. I urge the admins to use the newest releases of CSHP or other anti-aimbot mods. Thanks.
-GENERAL X

JUGGER

Jul 5, 2001
Ft. Collins, CO
Visit site
"Hey guys I hae to break it to ya but there is a new aimbot out that is designed to work on cshp servers only....and it is about the best aimbot out.........How i know is because i have seen it in action and it works with about 95% accuracy.....and has a lag compensation for the laggy servers........the best thing now is to play non cshp servers because most of hte aimbotters will be on the cshp servers now.......here is one of the aimbotters stats....... "

Bullsh*T you dont know what your talking about there isnt currently a cheat that will work on the latest version of cshp

stop pulling crap from your ass you paranoid freak

ben harkins

Mar 29, 2001
Visit site
You and comprehension only have a passing acquaintance I take it Lil Darling.

Oh thank you, well isn't that nice.:)

Read carefully, I confirmed it is bad that aimbotters cause false accusations

Well none of your posts nor your argument for testing before matches said anything like that. What I said was ironic was that you do not "take a match seriously" unless someone proves they aren't abotting. This thread is about the fact that many people use that very same presumption. It's lame behavior whether or not it comes in the form of an accusation. I didn't hear you come in here saying hey your right about accusers being lame but...., I did hear you come in here saying I don't trust the outcome of matches unless someone proves they aren't abotting. It's nice to change your argument after someone contradicts it, but it isn't very convincing.

Obviously if no aimbots exsist we would not have to "test' and we could trust implicitly. Your point I think, is that its a shame that humans are, well, human and I agree. It is a shame we are built this way. You go and sit in corner and contemplate man's fall from grace, in the meantime I'll offer pratical solutions if you don't mind.

No, my point is that you should lighten up and try enjoying a game. I don't in anyway think it's a shame that humans are human, I think it's just fine. Would it be such a blow to your ego to get beat by someone who was abotting and not know about it. Boy, your right we better sit down and come up with some "practical solutions" to make sure that never ever happens. It might very well cause the seas to boil and the sky to fall. Again, do you realize how few people are actually cheating under the protections that we already have? Why the hell would you bother worrying about it?

I can't believe I am continuing this argument:rolleyes:

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
I was at my first (and only) LAN party...

Playing an Instagib (INSTAGIB ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!) match in Liandri Central Core with 8 other people, fraglimit of 1000 (hehe ;). We get about halfway through the match and the guy on the server computer gets all pissed of and shuts the game down, and starts accusing me of using an aimbot (the score was 532 for me and 139 for the nearest guy) and I, seeing as how I don't have internet gaming access, say, "wtf is an Aimbot?" and he gets even more pissed and he kicks me out of the house and I have to wait two hours for someone to pick me up. I practice UT constantly with the bots on Godlike with their aim up several notches and on the Turbo mode, so I think I am by and large pretty decent for accuracy matches. This incident drove me away from LAN parties because the guy told some other ppl that I used an aimbot and I haven't been to a party since.
I guess my point is that some ppl really ARE that good.

QuietMan

Dec 17, 1999
go.to
Originally posted by little darlin

Oh thank you, well isn't that nice.:)

Well none of your posts nor your argument for testing before matches said anything like that. What I said was ironic was that you do not "take a match seriously" unless someone proves they aren't abotting. This thread is about the fact that many people use that very same presumption. It's lame behavior whether or not it comes in the form of an accusation. I didn't hear you come in here saying hey your right about accusers being lame but...., I did hear you come in here saying I don't trust the outcome of matches unless someone proves they aren't abotting. It's nice to change your argument after someone contradicts it, but it isn't very convincing.

No, my point is that you should lighten up and try enjoying a game. I don't in anyway think it's a shame that humans are human, I think it's just fine. Would it be such a blow to your ego to get beat by someone who was abotting and not know about it. Boy, your right we better sit down and come up with some "practical solutions" to make sure that never ever happens. It might very well cause the seas to boil and the sky to fall. Again, do you realize how few people are actually cheating under the protections that we already have? Why the hell would you bother worrying about it?

I can't believe I am continuing this argument:rolleyes:

As I said before, I play lots of games just for the fun of the game. This in your opinion is what it always should be and that's fine for some people or some times. This is human behaviour and "humans are just fine", more than that this is your preferred behaviour.

Sometimes however I like to add some more competiveness to the game. To have fun in that situation I would like to ensure that there is a level playing field because I know others want to win too. As I said this is for people looking for that type of challenge in leagues/comps. Its not better or worse its just another way to play the game. Since I am human I would like to think this is human behaviour too...and as we have already established that is fine with you too.

Since its all fine with you then I take you were mistaken in somehow thinking my suggestion was "lame" and "adding to the problem" because its actually human behaviour and therefore fine with you. Relax, we all make mistakes and I accept your apology.

BTW since introducing a demo taking policy i have a very reasonable idea about the amount of cheating going on under the current systems. What are you basing your assertion that it is rare on? (and I suppose since you don't care if people cheat anyway why argue?)

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Here's the way I see it. If someone accuses you of having an Aimbot it means they think it's impossible for anyone to be as good as you are without cheating. That's a huge compliment. I always play on that, thank them for the accusation and continue playing. Have fun with it when they accuse you, it's really much better than getting pissed.