Version mismatch error??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Abernathy

Jul 15, 2001
Dallas, TX
Visit site
I was hoping someone could explain something, and maybe help resolve this issue. Everytime I'm playing on a server, and the
next map we go to is DM-Backyard I get a version mismatch
error, and get disconnected from the server. Originally i had down
loaded the map, and after the first error I took it out. I tried to locate the correct version of the map (which i thought i had done)
the same thing happened. I once again deleted that map. I reinstalled UT, but it still happens. This is the only map in which
this error occurs. What can I do so I can play this map? Any help
is greatly appreciated.

Odie|BuF

May 31, 2001
independence,mo
rsuodie.homestead.com
check that error it might be "de version mismatch"if thats the case just go into your system an remove your de.u file i put mine on desk top an download theres i keep mine just incase i get mis-match with the one i d\led off server..btw welcome to PuF

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Well, it only happens with that map, so it wouldn't be a .de mismatch. This is what you need to do.

Simply delete the map from your UT map folder and connect to the server. Let that server download the map into your cache folder. After it is done downloading, close UT and open your cache folder.

1. Find the cache.ini file, open it and find the map's name in the file (it will open up in notepad). You will see a random sequence of numbers in the .ini file next to the name of the map.

2. Now, look in the cache folder for the same numbers. Right click and rename the numbers to the map's name (make sure the map's name is exactly like the name in your cache.ini file and add the .unr extension).

3. Copy/paste the .unr file into your map folder.

If the map has any additional files (.utx or .ini files), repeat step 2 and copy/paste the file into the appropriate folders (utx goes in the Texture folder and .ini goes in your systems folder). This will eliminate the mismatch error for that specific server.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
BTW, welcome to PuF...

truffles.jpg

Abernathy

Jul 15, 2001
Dallas, TX
Visit site
Ok, I did what you said step for step, and it worked at first... Now it's giving me the same error. If I'm downloading the map from the server, and there is no other map by the same name
in my files why would this be happening? It's confusing.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
It could be one of the texture files that's the wrong version, rather than the map itself. try looking if there is a texture file called backyard.utx and delete it if there is one. then when you try to connect, it will try to download the proper version