Car preview not in front of menu (GUI problem)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zupafly

Aug 13, 2004
Hi,

I have made a car selection menu with floating 3d car model as preview
but its floating behind my menu guiimage. Any idea how I can get it in front of my menu, menu is transparent but it makes car less visible when its floating behind menu

Thx

zupafly

Aug 13, 2004
clearz is set to true thats why I dont really see why it aint on top of everything.

I did use Canvas.DrawActor but my guiimage is in front of car. The guiimage is transparent so u can actually see the car but not as good as it would be when u could see it up front

zupafly

Aug 13, 2004
does clearz also bring it to front if background is transparent ? maybe thats the problem my background is transparent

zupafly

Aug 13, 2004
car => function bool InternalDraw(Canvas Canvas)
gui => function InitComponent(GUIController MyController, GUIComponent MyOwner)

I dont really know if its drawn before but shouldnt clearz put it on top no matter when its drawn ?

Last edited:

zupafly

Aug 13, 2004
gives same end result, ive changing guiimage to translucent for now so car is better visible till I find solution

zupafly

Aug 13, 2004
[SAS]Solid Snake said:
Wait, what component are you using to draw the actor? Are you sure you are layering the components in the correct order? Works fine for me in every instance I've done this.

I use spinnyweap and change its mesh and stuff so its a rotating car. But my menu background is a guiimage component.

Code:
Begin Object class=GUIImage name=Bk1
    WinTop=0.182064
    WinLeft=0.086969
    WinWidth=0.787864
    WinHeight=0.692166
    ImageStyle=ISTY_Stretched
    ImageRenderStyle=MSTY_Translucent
    Image=material'2K4Menus.Newcontrols.Display99'
End Object

[RP]Capone

Jul 23, 2004
I had a similar problem like this when I was doing the loadout menu for lawdogs. The problem is the rendering order. If I remember right I didnt declare a new guiImage, there's a BackgroundImage declared in a superclass. Set your background to that. Then to solve the rendering order you need to set your Spinning actors to draw in an ondraw that the buttons are being drawn on. If the button is rendering above then background and you use the same ondraw as the buttons they will in turn draw on top of the image.