question about how your map review system works?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

combitz

Common sense is not that common
May 1, 2000
U.K
combitz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
I submitted my map on the 22nd and I've seen two or three maps follow after in the list. the next time i visit I see that they have been reviewed and i'm still waiting. not that i'm in any rush but i don't understand your system. also my name does not link like others to thier member details. have I done something wrong?

Gui

AD Cop
Feb 7, 2002
Mega-Tokyo
www.ozone4.com
Dunno if you did a mistake but concerning maps reviews, they're assigned to a reviewer as soon as possible. Then this depends on the guy and on his time to test the level and write the review. In all case, we wait until at least 2 or 3 other reviewers give their opinion on the score to get some sort of 'consistency' for all reviews, and then we release the review :)

lophead

combitz said:
I submitted my map on the 22nd and I've seen two or three maps follow after in the list. the next time i visit I see that they have been reviewed and i'm still waiting. not that i'm in any rush but i don't understand your system. also my name does not link like others to thier member details. have I done something wrong?

If you look, you'll find that those maps that followed after yours in the list and have now been assigned are all UT/UT2003 maps, and that they are both being reviewed by either homeslice or thunderstrike. These guys don't have UT2004 yet, so can only review UT/UT2003 maps. And because there's a short supply of those maps to be reviewed, they may tend to be reviewed a little quicker.

Our aim is to have a 14 day turnaround on reviews starting from the date the map is submitted for review. Currently we are achieving that turnaround from the date the review is *assigned*. Hopefully it wont be too long before we have a room full of about 500 monkeys that have your review completed within 30 minutes ;)

Corion

Reviewer Dude ... Guy
Apr 18, 2004
Houston, TX
lophead said:
Hopefully it wont be too long before we have a room full of about 500 monkeys that have your review completed within 30 minutes ;)

Of course, then we'll all have to sort through what each of the monkeys write to find one that's semi-coherent, which could take up to 13 days, 23 hours and 29 minutes, so there's a small trade-off. :D