Gears Wows At Xbox Zero Hour

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Lucky select gamers gathered in the Mojave Desert for the 24 hour party leading up to the Xbox 360 release and Cliffy B was there to show off the upcoming Gears of War. Business Week Online was there to report reactions to debut and upcoming titles, and had this to say about Gears of War:

It was really the future of the 360 that enticed gamers. When Gears of War was demoed by Cliff Bleszinski more than half of the attendees came to watch the game being played instead of testing the launch titles. After the half an hour of live footage, attendees were convinced that this was the definitive Xbox 360 title. The graphics were dazzling, better than anything on the show floor. The second person style gameplay looked equally as exciting. After demanding to play the title, a lucky few were chosen to give Gears of War a test drive and they were blown away. One gamer said that this was the "highlight of the show".

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
hal said:
After demanding to play the title, a lucky few were chosen to give Gears of War a test drive and they were blown away. One gamer said that this was the "highlight of the show".
That hush you just heard? It was the sound of all the PS3 fanboys claiming that while Killzone 3 is "realtime" Gears of War must be fake -- shutting up.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
This might be a dumb question, but are we going to get this sucker on the PC or what? :eek:

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
MediocreTangerine said:
2nd person? How does that work?

I think that is just a marketing term they created to describe the close-up over the shoulder view point that you get for most of the game. Just like they made up the term 'cover-shooter'. Maybe if the game is successful enough they will become real words in the gaming vocabulary.

W

webmaster555

Hey guys how are you?
I'm not a spamer and I don't advertise anything so don't ban me please.
Could you please check out these two sites and check a few links on them and tell do they work properly:

SPAMLINK BEGONE!

Thank you very much.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
webmaster555 said:
Hey guys how are you?
I'm not a spamer and I don't advertise anything so don't ban me please.
Could you please check out these two sites and check a few links on them and tell do they work properly:

SPAMLINK BEGONE!

Thank you very much.

HI GUYS! I'M NOT A SPAMMER!

oh by the way... let me post some spam. :tdown:

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
Business Week Online?

Why have I been hearing more and more out of mainstream media on exclusively the X-Box 360, anyways?

It's like, if you were a regular American citizen - video games pretty much begin and end with the X-Box. Are the PS3 and previous generation consoles that disinteresting? Are consoles finally getting "on par" with Hollywood blockbuster graphics? (They're not - but are they perceived to be?)

Okay this really isn't the appropriate thread, probably... but that BWO mention just made me think aloud a bit...

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
Bang_Doll said:
Business Week Online?

Why have I been hearing more and more out of mainstream media on exclusively the X-Box 360, anyways?

Its what Microsoft's calls advertising...

But seriously I think their marketing and hype is a lot bigger this time round. Did any of you americans manage tp pick some 360s? then you could re-sell them for $1000-$2000 on ebay, since they sold out in shops!!!

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
EggBoy said:
Its what Microsoft's calls advertising...

Aye, I thought it might be something like that. But it can't be all that, can it?

I mean even M$(omg i so kool) couldn't have this much affect, ne?