Red Alert 3 gameplay trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Heh. Looks like Micro Machines. One big factor in that is the water ripples. If we are to believe the scale is realistic then they're moving far too quickly. Stuff like the hurts immersion in ways that are often hard to put a finger on. But I've seen it before so I know what to look for.

For instance, SupCom sports an Aeon experimental called the Czar that's supposed to be this gigantic alien ship floating a mile above the terrain. However, when killed it falls very quickly. Since it covers this mile (or so) distance in a matter of a few seconds, the feeling of that ship being huge is lost completely. Same goes for the actual ships on water -- they turn, accelerate, and sink far too quickly to seem as big as they're supposed to be.

Immersion 101. Most RTS game developers fail this. :)

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Gotta go with Mr Smiles and T2A n this one really. It looks cartoony.

The first time i watched the video i thoguht.... "Wow, that's what the russians units would look like if Donatello from the Teenage Mutant ninja Turtles designed their gear."

Other than the soudns it doesn't bear much resemblance to the RA games I remember.

Also the trailer forgot to show the hours of watching trucks rolling across fields of.... expensive minerals that represents 50% of the game. ;P

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
The entire basis of the series is what the world would be like if Hitler was assassinated by a time traveling Einstein.

Try playing the game again. It's probably wackier than you remember.

This is the truth.
Let's reflect on this, the game includes time travel.
While the gameplay elements were a bit more down to earth (save a few of the factors) the story was actually quite bizarre.

Command and Conquer has always been the serious, gritty series. Red Alerts been about over the top.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
WIN, I can't wait for this to come out. Sure EA has a bad record but it seems they are trying more by at least beta testing this so it doesn't end up with tons of patches like C&C3. I love the look and everything about the trailer, I'm going to play this so much when it comes out if it isn't screwed up by EA.

Pine that didn't sound like a remix, it sounded like regular HM2, which is also fine by me ;]

edit: The "unit lost" voice sounded different to me.

edit2: Ya, the infantry voices sounded the same, however that is also fine with me ;]

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Try playing the game again. It's probably wackier than you remember.

Sure is true.

screenshotra6on7.png