Which do you think is better: UT3 or UT2k4?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which is better: UT3 or UT2004

• UT3 is better

Votes: 63 52.1%
  • UT2004 is better

Votes: 58 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thanatos45

Frag-tastic
Mar 19, 2004
Dutchieland
Ummm... what?

Did you try driving 2k4's Goliath around? It was like a frigging brick.

Well, isn't that supposed how a, oh, tank, should feel? It's a multi ton monster, not a buggy. UT3s' version reacts way too quickly, especially on the accelerator and brakes (unless real tanks behave the same way but I can hardly imagine that to be honest).

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I never got around UT2k4's terrible vehicle physics. UT3's ones are somewhat entertaining to use instead, especially the Scorpion.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Well, isn't that supposed how a, oh, tank, should feel? It's a multi ton monster, not a buggy. UT3s' version reacts way too quickly, especially on the accelerator and brakes (unless real tanks behave the same way but I can hardly imagine that to be honest).

The Ut2004 tank friken' drifts when you try and turn it. Since tanks are milti ton monsters, they are supposed to feel very grounded, not loosed.

I don't see how you can complain the UT3 tank accelerated too quickly. If I counted the amount of times I was able to go in reverse around an object and avoid an incoming avril...

Galaxtus

May 19, 2009
There is no use of running this thread. Because UT is UT and always be one, which started from 1999. I still play UT GOTY. Every release had something unique. You cant really vote for UT, Ut2K3, UT2K4 or UT3 in between. If you are comparing someother gameplay with UT then voting and other gameplay features might come. Dont compare old with new. All are unique.

I AM A FAN OF ALL UT SERIES;)

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Whoa, that lovin' feeling,
You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...wooooooh.

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
There is no use of running this thread. Because UT is UT and always be one, which started from 1999. I still play UT GOTY. Every release had something unique. You cant really vote for UT, Ut2K3, UT2K4 or UT3 in between. If you are comparing someother gameplay with UT then voting and other gameplay features might come. Dont compare old with new. All are unique.

I AM A FAN OF ALL UT SERIES;)

I never played anything older than 2k4.

I think i tried GOTY like twice, & 2k3 demo once.

To me, UT is UT2k4.

So there is definitely a point for this thread. :)

zd.Osiris

Aug 20, 2008
My opinnion is:
UT>UT3>UT2k4

I like both UT and UT3 but play only UT3, because my clan decided to play in this game.