Making the most rediculous map...a collaborative effort!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Roger.

Also, UnrealEd is getting real picky about what geometry it wants to compile. When working on this map, be sure and save before every build!

Soo... What's the secret to importing sounds? I can't get them to import. Not the louder BOOSTA or what Cyber posted. They're in 22,050 16bit mono or whatever they're supposed to be (I don't even think they have to be that, actually), but they refuse to import. I know sounds can't be imported to myLevel so I'm trying to make a new package and it still won't work. WTF. :mad:

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Turns2Ashes said:
I'm trying to make a new package and it still won't work. WTF. :mad:
I haven't gotten importing my own sounds to work either (I remember trying in the past) and I've ended up resorting to using UT's UnrealEd to make audio packages (they're fully compatible in UT2k4).

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
With bots, for some reason they can survive the fall down the multi coloured shaft, and end up shooting their assault rifles at any player that ends up in the shaft.

A single bullet hitting you = their kill when you die.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
:lol: Awesome.

Well, I finally finished what I was working on. Between going to lunch and falling asleep in my computer chair, this took longer than expected. Plus I added in some stuff -36 made. The lolol hitscan area is his, while lolol vehakals is mine.

For future reference, let's try to make the level at least a little playable rather than add in a bunch of gimmicks that kill you. I think we've got enough of that for now; it's probably time to start adding things more along the lines of horrible design elements.

Attachments

• DM-1on1-lololol-10.zip
    289.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
I bet its because there is a space in the filename. If you try to import C:\dirdmusic.wav it will work fine, but if you try to import, C:\Documents and settings\dirdmusic.wav, unrealed balks.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Turret 49 said:
With bots, for some reason they can survive the fall down the multi coloured shaft, and end up shooting their assault rifles at any player that ends up in the shaft.

A single bullet hitting you = their kill when you die.
You can survive the fall if you equip a shild gun, but your life is 12 points or so. I'd imagine you'd take less damage if you walldodged at an appropriate time.

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
This one contains my stuff.

Attachments

• DM-1on1-lololol-11.zip
    734.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
I feel stupid making such a noob change after people have done so much great work, but I really felt the weapon balance was off and the filename wasn't long enough.

Attachments

• DM-1on1-lololol-11SELEPTMLUTE_PRO_v2FIXBeta.rar
    681.4 KB · Views: 13

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Well, someone can always change it again. I thought it would be more lololol that way. I guess it would add a little inside lololol if my name were on the author list for something that was just taken out.

But spider mines are pretty handy, and you have the AVRiL for close range combat. I just played a bot in Idoma with AVRiL arena, and I got some kills, but I had to be at shieldgun range to do it :lol:

Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Added a pointless endless corridor...Because I can.

Attachments

• DM-1on1-lololol-12SELEPTMLUTE_PRO_v2FIXBeta.rar
    705.9 KB · Views: 25

K.N.I.F.E

Dressed in Pink
Jun 4, 2005
In Nathan's base
kevan.org
Cpt.Toilet.exe said:
Bah I dont know UnrealED well enough to add my own clever piece :(

I don't even have a working UED! No browsers work (ie actor texture mesh) and subtracting is screwed! Same for building Cubes!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!