UE2 - UT2kX Terrain Layer Crash

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Hello,
I have a terrain in my map with a 32x16 heightmap and a 32x16 ground layer. Everything worked fine, but when I add a new layer the UnrealEd crashes as soon as I paint it on the terrain. This is the error-log that shows up in the message:

Code:
Assertion failed: AlphaMap->USize == AlphaMap->VSize [File:.\UnTerrain.cpp] [Line: 175]

History: UTerrainSector::IsTriangleAll <- UTerrainSector::PassShouldRenderTriangle <- UTerrainSector::GenerateTriangles <- ATerrainInfo::UpdateTriangles <- ATerrainInfo::Update <- WPageToolsLayers::OnMoveDown <- WButton::InterceptControlCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop
It seems to me that maybe the layers can't be 32x16 but they need to be a square. Why did the first layer work then? Is there a work-around?