MY thoughts on religion , homosexuality, and ethics

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I must say that homosexual ppl r the nicest guys i've ever met!
quoted from OICW: a false text which has no evidence
finding evidence for the existence of a god might probably make belief useless, right? the bible (and every other equivalent book) is not meant to be read like normal books, you have to think about whats written in it to understand.
I myself dont care much bout the bible either, because i think that belief does not show by reading BOOKS! that's waste. I LIVE what i believe.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Kowalski.44 said:
What? Does that mean that all homosexual parents are smart and caring of their child and all that? They can be just as drunk and beat each other up, only fag style.
not all of them of course. even though most gay couple are wealthier than the average (double income). oh and they do sport too, you know, like, to take care of their bodies and all... hmm all those muscles :shy: :D

i mean, it's a bit hard to imagine a fat gay redneck, throwing roadkills in his pickup with a pitchfork for a living :p

"finding evidence for the existence of a god might probably make belief useless, right?"
That's cheap ;)

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Freon said:
even though most gay couple are wealthier than the average (double income).
Ah, Freon, now you prooved that your personality is that of a greedy bastard :stick: (*).
Double income = less quality time for the child. :mad:

(*)
Just playing with ya. I still love you. :)
Do you want to have children with me? :fluffle:
Um.
Freon. I was just kidding. Don't look at me like that! And keep your pants on! ... Geez man I... HEEEEELP! /me runs
:D

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
What? Does that mean that all homosexual parents are smart and caring of their child and all that? They can be just as drunk and beat each other up, only fag style.

If you are suggesting that because a few homosexual parents just might not be 'smart and caring of their child and all that' that they shouldn't be allowed to raise them, the same argument applies for anybody.

If you are going to have someone sit on a high chair and tell people who can and cannot raise children, you must extend that judgement to everybody in a population, not one single group.

Parenting licenses, anyone?

I understand where lesbians are coming from. The concept of a gay man does not make sense to me.

To me, that doesn't make sense. Perhaps you would elaborate?

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
masamax said:
It's simply what you are.

give this man a cookie.. or a gold star if so prefered.

not trying to make a point or anything, but many of my best friends are gay, bi or lesbian. i've only met a few trans people in my life, but they're also all good people. my word on life is just do what makes you happy (as long as you aren't hurting other people). lesbians also give great girl advice btw.

edit:

personally i think that whatever someone's sexuality may be it really doesn't effect how they raise children, i think thats more along the lines of who they are as a person and their ablity to raise a child as a human being. people are ****ed up in general. if a kid is going to be ****ed up its going to be a number of factors. if both parents are loving and caring than i dont see much of a problem in the household.

chow on religion: i really agree with what bill hicks said in terms of some religion being based on too much hate and self loathing when they should be more focused on love and understanding. i mean original sin? how is that going to help you if you're already in the hole when you come into this world?

again just my .02. i am from assachusetts after all... we aren't even a state, we're very proud to tell you we're a commonwealth, so yeah, stuff is pretty librial around here.

Last edited:

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
I have heard no substancial argument that validates saying 2 gays would be bad parents.

And before it is said, that the kid would have to deal with pressures from school - Lets remember that those pressures come from lack of tolerance. It's like a white guy marrying a black girl, nothing wrong with it, but society had issues with it in the past and some still do. However, it's easier to deal with now.

Not saying I'm in support of it (I'm actually against it, being a Christian myself), but if you are going to argume something, present proof.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Hadmar said:
Do you want to have children with me? :fluffle:
how could i forget that smiley :D

i'm not greedy or anything. that was the result of marketing studies on gay household. better situation, often because of longer studies.
the average gay man may not be a very good mother, but he would be a good father.

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
What you're saying doesn't make any sense Trash. You don't see any good reason why gay couldn't raise children, but you are against it simply because you believe you belong to a certain group.

So? You're giving the belief of a group more importance then your own belief?

That's why I like religion soooo much. :rolleyes:

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Oh judas priest on a stick, that just flew right over your head, didn't it?

I said that the people who were saying gays couldn't raise children aren't presenting enough material to successfully argue it.

I'm not trying to argue it either way - I don't have enough material to do so. If I were interested in presenting my point of view on this thread, I would present the information I did have. However, I don't try to debate religion on this forum because of the incredible lack of tolerance for it. So, I just said that I myself am against it personally, to clarify that I'm not arguing specifically for one side. I'm just playing devil's advocate (not literally, of course :) ).

Good points made throughout the thread, lemme just toss mine in here. :)

• Religion: If you believe something and it works for ya, cool, just dont use it to further your own personal gains or throw it at people when you dont dig on something they just did. It's not a tool.
  • Homosexuality: A few of my friends are gay, and they're very nice people. As long as they keep their funk-grooving behind closed doors, I'm fine with it. I just dont want to see some guy grabbing his boyfriends ass when I'm eating lunch or something.
  • Ethics: I'm not sure if I have ethics, since I just woke up, but I do have one simple moral; dont hit women. Unless it's a life/death situation, that shit aint right.

Remember kiddies, an it harm none, do as ye will. :)

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
@spm: dont say religion is bullsh*t. it's just something you either like or you dont. for some ppl, it's really helpful- e.g. myself.

Santa Claus is bullsh t.

The easter bunny is bullsh t.

Trickledown theory is bullsh t.

Religion is bullsh t.

It's what I think, so why shouldn't I say it?

I respect your right to your beliefs, but I think your beliefs are pretty f cking silly.

Last edited:

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
Of course that's not why you meant, but there's not even half of the post in this thread that tryed to present their own opinion. (wich is what I did in my last reply concerning religion even if it wasn't the most direct way of saying what I meant)
So if anyone's going to try to actually get a discussion started on some remote topic that hasn't been talked to death to much, then someone has to try to start it.

whooo, reply between the time I typed this and decided that "quick reply" couldn't get the job done.

Please tell me why I can't hit a woman beerbaron. I mean, you should never use violence unless it's a last resort situation. But the sex of the person in front of you shouldn't change that.

ps: I believe in the easter bunny. :)

edit: "can't", not "can" ...

Last edited:

Scythe

I'd rather die than give you control.
Jan 13, 2001
about 30ft behind you.
Visit site
I may be wrong about the genetic thing but I do remember hearing about a marker on chromosome 13 that leads to at least a predisposition towards homosexuality. I may be wrong tho.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Wow, I'm impressed at the level of maturity that is dominant in this thread. Don't threads like this normally turn into "Religon suxxors" "no no my god is right stop sensoring me ur a facsit" "no no ur teh facsit!!!!!1" ?

I think religion is fine as long as people don't push it on others. Nothing more aggravating than talking to a person who is absolutley convinced they're right, and that they have to save you.

My religion is simply all my beliefs that have accumulated and are accumulating; meaning the more I learn or the more my mind changes (one way or the other) my religion changes. Just recently I embraced a new set of beliefs in addition to what I already believed in. I'll most likley believe them for a while until another epiphany and I add even more to it. My religion doesn't tell me how to live my life, its very form is crafted from how I live my life.

It's rather fun.

On homosexuality, I couldn't really give a flying damn. I've had sexual feelings towards male and female, so I don't think I have the right to sit as a judge almighty.

Plus then I get to act all holier than thou, if I take such an acceptant stance. It's rather fun.

As for ethics, I think people should be let to do what makes them happy as long as it doesn't have any ill effects on anyone else.

As for suicide... I'm not sure. The desire to suicide in teens can often be purely the result of off-balanced hormones, so I don't think that it is really the best thing to do. Suicide for reasons other than chemical imbalances... well, I'm not sure. I respect a person's ownership over their own lives, but I don't approve of suicide. Jury's split on this one. In the mean time, we'll be staying in a nice motel with free pool, free food and Free Willy on cable. It will be rather fun.

I just don't like people hurting themselves through destructive behaviour.

And this doesn't really fit perfectly into any other paragraph, so I'll fit it here. Many problems a person has exist entirely in their head, and are only as hard as they make them to be. That isn't to say that there aren't things we can't control, and problems we can't overcome. But sometimes the only reason we endure a hardship is because we let ourselves. Hey, it works for me, doesn't have to work for you, I'm not here to try and make you convert. Especially with such a dynamic religion like mine. I'll have to print out new holy books every week when I get a new idea in my head. Actually, that sounds rather fun. Anyone want to join? This week, we hold cheese sacred until spagetti takes its place next week!

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
I'm quite astonished of what some in here are thinking about religion! If you live trusting there's a god, what way it may be, it doesn't have NEthing to do with hypocrisy.

I think when most people say relieon they are talking about organised religeon not what your own belifes are.
One thing I don't support is this thing gay's right to have children. Jesus, the children who grow up in such a relationship must get messed up in their heads

I have to say I really dissagree with you on that account, have you any evidence. Children of mixed relationships seem to be ok and life a few years ago could not of been exactly easy for them. Peer pressure from other children is no reason at all, what about disabled children should they be killed because they might be taunted in school?
-How.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
what about disabled children should they be killed because they might be taunted in school?

Uhm... yes? What are you saying, that we should just kill everybody else?

Disclamer: The above is does not reflect the opinions of this vrrc, the vrrc down the street, or vrrc's parent corporation Nordine Defense Dynamics.

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
ElectricSheep said:
I understand where lesbians are coming from. The concept of a gay man does not make sense to me.

To me, that doesn't make sense. Perhaps you would elaborate?
Ehm, men are ugly and stupid. Women are beautiful and clever. There is, imo, no reason in the world for a man to want another man when women are the alternative..

because I am on 56k I'll be short: What the he said *points to the vrrc*.