Walkthroughs for Operation Na Pali levels?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

curtis

Jul 18, 2003
Are there walkthroughs for Operation Na Pali levels?

I can't seem to get past the zombie Na Pali boss at the end of map 3.

And how do I keep from restarting at the beginning of the level when I die?

Thanks
Curtis

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
I don't know whether there's a walkthrough anywhere, but concerning the restarting thing: You can save your game with the help of the OldSkool mutator that you should have already installed anyway (it came with Operation: Na Pali). You can either use quicksave (look for the keys quicksave and quickload are assigned to in the oldskool preferences) or you can save normally (in UT's "Game" dropdown menu).

For further help, you might want to check out the official ONP forums.

FW|morpheus

Inconsistent
Feb 21, 2003
Slovenia
Visit site
Do this: try to take advantage of the skaarj there(make sure it and the zombie start fighting). Destroy the nali with bursts of plasma, this worked in my case.

curtis

Jul 18, 2003
ya, I got the quicksave deal, but when I die, it only gives me the option of starting at the beginning of the leve. So when the zombie kicks my butt, I have to start the level over again.

By the way, smacking him with some plazma beams/burts are not doing the trick.

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
curtis said:
ya, I got the quicksave deal, but when I die, it only gives me the option of starting at the beginning of the leve. So when the zombie kicks my butt, I have to start the level over again.

Quit the menu which appears that allows you to restart the level, and use the quickload button :)

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
hmmm, dunno how you managed to get stuck there if you are experienced with UT at all. He's only got a rocket launcher so if you keep dodging non stop then he won't be able to hit you!
If all else fails though, use god. But that will also decrease your score a lot depending on how long you use it for.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hmm make the skaarj and zombie nali fight eachother, head for the rooftop and take the winner out...?
You have to be quick though ;-) and maybe a bit patient.

curtis

Jul 18, 2003
levels...

Ya, I just needed a little patients. The zombie was easy enough.
I could never get the gate to open so the Nali could help me. He didn't climb over the boxes with me.

Anyway, I have gotten to the assasigns base, (map 7 I think) and love the game.

I still can't believe there is not some sort of walkthrough to help with secrets, power-ups etc.

Curtis

curtis

Jul 18, 2003
levels

Hourences said:
unrealsp.org wanted to do that but i think they never started with it
i already forgot my own secrets, in map 8 theres a text sign on the ceiling close where you start as an insite joke

I must be further than I thought.
That is in the huge 3 level tower with the first level partially under water.
There is some inside joke on the cieling.

I'll post again if I get stuck.
Thanks
Curtis

curtis

Jul 18, 2003
walkthrough

MMAN UGITU said:
The walkthrough is being done but the person doing it had a comp crash and lost it-I think he recovered a bit of it though

How long has Operation Na Pali been out?

Kiss A$$ game. Very cool lighting and the puzzles are tough enough to stump you, but not too tough to make you want to stop.

darth_weasel

I won
Apr 20, 2002
UK
darth-weasel.tripod.com
i still havent played it. the last time i downloaded it using getright(im on 56k, takes 8 hours) the zip was corrupted, im guessing by the resuming.

havent felt like wasting another 8 hours for the same since :p might do one day.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
curtis said:
I must be further than I thought.

I think you ment saying the mercenary base instead of assasins. And maybe you were in the one you have to explore, with or without the help from the mercs...) You know, after the short Skaarj/Merc fight scene...

Thing is you don't really need a walkthrough, just keep your eyes open and explore the world around you :cool: