Which Version

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

impulsionaudio

Aug 21, 2008
I would like to make a game demo (not for distribution or sale) and I have a few questions.

1) Can I use Unreal Engine Runtime or should I use some other Epic product?
2) I have an old PC with a 1.8 GHz AMD CPU. Is there a version that will run on my system?
3)I am not an artist. Are there stock models and artwork available to use?

Thanks

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
AFAIK the UE2 Runtime is the only "free" (for non-game, non-commercial use) version of the engine that comes with the editor. A 1.8 GHz CPU should be enough to use it, but it doesn't come with that much content. There's really only a basic GUI and a relatively simple demo level.

For a game demo, you should probably consider making a UT2004 or UT3 mod if you want reusable content.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Yes, the level editor and UnrealScript compiler are included and the content used in the game can be reused for custom levels and mods. Just remember that you are only allowed to distribute the custom content, not the game itself, so others will need the game to run your mod.

Last edited: