Don't try this at home kids, we're trained professionals...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
It awards ctf players when they protect and cover their flagcarrier... I'm not sure what else it does actually...

Taken from the modsquad page...
For Team players Everywhere
This is a very awesome mutator. The purpose of this mutator is to reward the player who defends the flag carrier. Now before the only motivation to do this was to help your team win, be a team player, and just doing the right thing. But, sadly, there are many players who’s egos are too big to help a fellow teammate. But now, you get bonus points for helping the flag carrier!

Why Should I Do The Right Thing?
If you kill an enemy who is aiming your flag carrier, you get 3 bonus frags! 3!! The bots like to help too! But they helped before anyway, unlike others! Shouldn’t you? Now you renegades out there have a reason to help out your buddies! The idea for this mod is excellent and it deserves a pat on the back. All CTF servers should install this. It is your duty as a CTF server administrator!!

Lily

Biatch
Nice mutator, I had heard of it before, but had never tried it. Too bad this kind of thing is not standard in UT. Guess it's not so useful if people don't even know about it when connecting to the server. Now I want a mutator that gives points when you die for your FC by placing yourself between him and ennemies :)

Lily

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Originally posted by Lily
Nice mutator, I had heard of it before, but had never tried it. Too bad this kind of thing is not standard in UT. Guess it's not so useful if people don't even know about it when connecting to the server. Now I want a mutator that gives points when you die for your FC by placing yourself between him and ennemies :)

Lily

That shouldn't be too hard... ;)

You can do locational damage scoring so just make the location bonus a certain radius around the flag carrier(ie, check the players death location and compare to the flag carriers location. If distance between locations <= max radius for bonus then you get your point.

However just ignore what I just said. I'm no expert so it's likely not that easy... ;)

Now getting back to the demo... why don't you convert it to an avi or mpg format. Webslinger mentioned how he did it for his moving combo demo's.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
hehe, I was trying to go that route and do the avi thing and it was lagging the frames and actually froze my comp on me before we even got out the front door on coret. :D

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Sadly i seriously doubt you'll get this into a flash applet...

the .dem holds no graphic data.. its all just positional vectors... think of it like a script of what happens during game...

UT then follows the script and rebuilds the game...

You could chain link another comp to yours and record an avi/mpg file from it but i thats kinda hard from what i hear... :hmm:

Robot TinMan|BuF

Godlike Blues Brutha
Feb 13, 2001
Sweden
www.clanrobot.com
Originally posted by DeeperShade
Sadly i seriously doubt you'll get this into a flash applet...

the .dem holds no graphic data.. its all just positional vectors... think of it like a script of what happens during game...

UT then follows the script and rebuilds the game...

You could chain link another comp to yours and record an avi/mpg file from it but i thats kinda hard from what i hear... :hmm:
I know nutting about Flash, but can't U get the pics from the demo with UTmovie and then have Flash "playing" the pics?

Nightmare: UT Demo Manager 2.0 (name correct?) is a great mod for handling demos. It tells ya exactly what Ur missing.

KliwX

Macified ReSpawner
May 27, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
OMG

I don't know what's the most stupidpart of this; that Bangning and Stallone come with the idea, that they actually did it to the end, that I downloaded the stuff or that I watched it to the end.
:p

I still have tears in my eyes and my stommach hurts... you crazy fools!:D