Questions re: sniper scope, first person viewmodel

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tutahn

Sep 14, 2014
Hi,

I have two questions.

1: I have seen in videos people have removed their guns from being visible (the arms and gun as seen in first person) - see this video for an example:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWFBxa5Qp5k. How do I achieve this?

2: Is there a way to make the sniper rifle's zoom HUD/'scope' HD? The original setup is rather blocky and ridiculous at 1920x1080.

Thanks

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
It's right in the options. Go to your preferences and look under the Games tab. Handedness set to Hidden will hide your weapons.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Answer number 2: Don't hate the playa...err I mean don't play under such resolutions. Of course a modification is possible but if you don't want to tinker with the game files(and you shouldn't if you don't know what you're doing), then a mutator or client side mod/enhancement might be possible, however most servers might detect this and find it a hack, so ultimately you'll be forced to be told to sod off or simply again, use lower resolution than such a for this game ridiculous one.

tutahn

Sep 14, 2014
Thanks JohnDoe; and Leo, I don't think lowering the resolution will do much help because the physical screen size won't be changing - the graphics are still going to be scaled up. Going high res is the only way to achieve sharper graphics.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
In that case yes, but you migt consider playing scaled up or using someting to make the resolution not scaled up, like making the screen fill with black space instead or playing in window mode, that sort of thing. Unfortunately I know of no modification which scales up the scope graphics but it's technically possible.
But please don't forget that Unreal and UT was originally made for resolutions up to 1024x768 max recommended.
And this was way before all the LCD cheap technology started rolling. Unreal wasn't even optimized for lcd screens, meaning its colors are sharp and meant for crt screens under which it looks best. (i know what i'm talking about here)
CRT was a mistake to ditch as it was even possible to make a flat screen more or less based on crt technology, but someone in the "market" ruled otherwise.

Last edited:

tutahn

Sep 14, 2014
Even if there's a way to make the graphic for the scope to not scale at all, i.e. look tiny on the screen but sharp, I'd prefer that than the deformed 30-pixel-thick monstrosity it is currently, lol..