First Deathmatch Gameplay Footage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Here it is. Still early, but should give some basic impressions.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XupPMjJB0-8[/M]

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Oh great - Dr. Sin is making this.

The fucking guy who wrote the first UT aimbot and "accidentally" released it to the public, then just-so-happend to get an anti-cheat job for UT20003 and made a map instead. :rolleyes:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I couldn't tell anything from that video. I saw that the people playing it can't hit anyone and that they're using a shock rifle model from UT3.

Cool.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Uh. Are we supposed to be looking at whether the gametype itself is working or the actual gameplay? Because if it's the latter, V V V

I couldn't tell anything from that video. I saw that the people playing it can't hit anyone and that they're using a shock rifle model from UT3.

SuperBee

May 31, 2002
Visit site
This is the game in its' infancy. Everyone has to crawl before they walk, and everyone poops themselves before they crawl. Patience. :)

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Here are Mr. Wilcox's great zombie movies: http://vimeo.com/3691971
i haven't commented on them in years but every time i did, it was immediately deleted!

Hopefully, his contributions to this new UT aren't as dumb, don't involving lying your way in to a job by ruining a beloved game, and are better than December. Holy shit remember that?

For all the UT nostalgics out there, this is the guy who single-handedly ruined the game, thanks to his aimbot. And then he was hired by Epic. :/

Last edited:

War_Master

May 27, 2005

The fucking guy who wrote the first UT aimbot and "accidentally" released it to the public, then just-so-happend to get an anti-cheat job for UT2003 and made a map instead. :rolleyes:

Dude, if this is true, I have lost all hopes for this new game.

One thing I hate the most in gaming are sore losers hacking the game to take advantage of others. If someone has the need to make a cheat like that for himself and then get hired to create a very popular game, then you know pretty well the game will be made for peanut size brainless noobs. With this thought in mind, the game doesn't seem to progress on the skill level, or competitive way as the first UT. So, it looks like I'm sticking with UT99 for the next 10-15 years again, or until I find another game that interests me... maybe Borderlands 3 will be the one.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Dude, if this is true, I have lost all hopes for this new game.

One thing I hate the most in gaming are sore losers hacking the game to take advantage of others. If someone has the need to make a cheat like that for himself and then get hired to create a very popular game, then you know pretty well the game will be made for peanut size brainless noobs. With this thought in mind, the game doesn't seem to progress on the skill level, or competitive way as the first UT. So, it looks like I'm sticking with UT99 for the next 10-15 years again, or until I find another game that interests me... maybe Borderlands 3 will be the one.

This is absolutely true. i'm surprised that Hal, Brizz, and other admins haven't chimed in yet about this. They always took my TeamSpeak rantings as, well, being crazy, but they could not dismiss the facts. The guy wrote the first aimbot to get a job with Epic. And Epic fell for it.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Crap...

The fucking guy who wrote the first UT aimbot and "accidentally" released it to the public, then just-so-happend to get an anti-cheat job for UT20003 and made a map instead. :rolleyes:

Let's not forget the outright hatred for competitive players, coloured names (which most of the community wanted) and hit indicators (which every other MP FPS has).

I'm actually less confident about this game know that he's involved. Not even kidding.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Let's not forget the outright hatred for competitive players, coloured names (which most of the community wanted) and hit indicators (which every other MP FPS has).

I'm actually less confident about this game know that he's involved. Not even kidding.

Oy.

SomeDumbGuy said:
Let's get that guy who single-handedly ruined UT and get him on the "new UT" project!

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
:lol:

d33t!!11!!!!

You knew it! Admit it, you're outraged too.

Dr. Sin! :/

Actually, no. The current state of pc gaming is f'in pathetic. This game is needed badly...

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Valve also hired a notorious cheating cheat producer. It hasn't stopped them....