New and Improved UT3 UI

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EisWiesel

... !!!
Jan 19, 2008
www.ut436.de
Okay, I admit it. I made the post title slightly misleading on purpose. With the help of an "Anonymous Donor", I have created what may be the "best you can get" out of the current menu system. I have removed the industrial level behind the menu and replaced areas where it was visible with a static gray image. This makes the menu perform MUCH better in almost every way.

sorry, but this isnt just slightly misleading on purpose, there is nothink you could call a "new UT3 UI" :mad:. its just improving the current menu-performance a little at the best case (for me, there is no noticeable difference in loading-time of all the options).

i thought someone remade the UI-strukture at least when i saw the title " New and Improved UT3 UI", thats why im mad at this.

btw a really cool improvement of the UI would be if the current ingame-map would be displayed insteat of this UTFrondEnd.ut3 ... it was this way in UT1 when u disabled the Desktop at the UWindows UI.

i really miss U-Windows everytime i have to use this crappy imitation of an effort of a UI :(

U

Unregistered

Pretty Decent .... Thank you I am going to keep using ut!

jasposfagot

My opinion is My opinion, Yours is Yours
May 22, 2005
Thank You.

Shows how much notice I take, I've only just put this in, fired it up once, checked it out, and shut the game down for now. I honestly couldn't tell you what was there before, and whatever it was I certainly don't miss it :) This will do nicely, doesn't feel out of place or anything, for all intents and purposes it could be part of the original package.

:)

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I liked MrEvil's comment regarding this new backdrop:

It does load a lot faster with this. One thing I would say though, is that it's not a good idea to overwrite the files in the install directory (or even just using the same name, which will confuse the game), it should instead be named something else and then in UTEngine.ini the appropriate lines should be edited, like this:
Code:
[URL]
Protocol=unreal
Name=Player
;Map=UTFrontEnd.ut3
[b]Map=Micro-FrontEnd.ut3[/b]
;LocalMap=UTFrontEnd.ut3
[b]LocalMap=Micro-FrontEnd.ut3[/b]
TransitionMap=EnvyEntry.ut3
MapExt=ut3
EXEName=UTGame.exe
DebugEXEName=DEBUG-UTGame.exe
SaveExt=usa
Port=7777
GameName=Unreal Tournament 3
GameNameShort=UT3

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
GAH!
Been trying to make my own version with the Character Customization rooms mostly intact(pretty much just the platforms) and for the life of me I cannot get the damn thing to cooperate. UEd keeps griping about 2 editor exclusive object that I can't seem to remove(some kind of TexProp?)