Wong, my AK-47 Progress

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
Here is a screenshot of my progress so far. I added a bit of touchup and also added the butt into the model. Oh yeah, and how do you round and smooth edges? Go from bloky model to smooth product? Is it some filter you apply? Thanks.

Attachments

• AK-47 with Butt.JPG
    AK-47 with Butt.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 41

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
ROFL 451 said:
Here is a screenshot of my progress so far. I added a bit of touchup and also added the butt into the model. Oh yeah, and how do you round and smooth edges? Go from bloky model to smooth product? Is it some filter you apply? Thanks.

Ok, updated screenshot. Added other misc stuff, like sights, the spot where empty cases come out, pullback bolt, etc. I'm using a picture as a background to keep it all scaled. Note: This is my first model EVER! So bear with me ;) Like Wong. :lol: He actually helped me a load on this thing.

Attachments

• MostlyFinishedAK.JPG
    MostlyFinishedAK.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 39

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
SamMaster said:
I'm actualy impressed. With some skins it will be quite good.

You really think so? I might have to ask someone to skin it, because I know about zero stuff about skinning, is there a good tut on skinning weapons?

Edit: Wait, I think I have one.

I was actually thinking of starting from scratch and rebuilding the model completely. For example, I didn't match the grip, its too blocky, and I was unable to curve the clip, so I might remake those if possible.

THanks for the support!

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
ROFL 451 said:
I was actually thinking of starting from scratch and rebuilding the model completely. For example, I didn't match the grip, its too blocky, and I was unable to curve the clip, so I might remake those if possible.

THanks for the support!
Lookin good. But i agree. From my noobish experience its easier to get a shape working with you if you trace the outline of it with a spline then extrude it, add a couple segments, and hand-move the resulting verticies around to get a more natural shape. If you want i can post some screens showing the process im talking about.

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
EvilDrWong said:
Lookin good. But i agree. From my noobish experience its easier to get a shape working with you if you trace the outline of it with a spline then extrude it, add a couple segments, and hand-move the resulting verticies around to get a more natural shape. If you want i can post some screens showing the process im talking about.

I know completely what you are talking about, Wong. I made the clip before I made the stock, or the trigger, or anything else curved. THAT is why I was thinking of rebuilding it. ;) Hope I can in someway ease the burden you carry by helping modelling objects. Already have a couple of requested weapons on my list, lol. :D

P.S.
Check your PM's, Wong.