UT2kX ONS-Pericale-v2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
Hello everybody at BeyondUnreal. Today, I'm doing a rerelease of my old Onslaught map ONS-Pericale.
This literally comes from nowhere, part of myself wanted to fix some of the problems with the original version, another part of me was ashamed at my younger self for shoehorning stupid "easter eggs" filled with immature banter.
Otherwhise, there's no major changes. I just wish I could change my nickname to what I use currently.

Screenshots are in the attachments.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I do recommend to upload this map wherever possible, giving it a proper host.

Attachments

• Pericale1.jpg
    Pericale1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Pericale2.jpg
    Pericale2.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Pericale3.jpg
    Pericale3.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 34

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
MAy I recommend you repack it as RAR 7z archive and directly attach it to your post? BUF allows up to 1MB file size and your ZIP version is almost small enough. I'm sure a lot more people will try it they don't have to register to some "random" sharing site.

Last edited:

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
MAy I recommend you repack it as RAR archive and directly attach it to your post? BUF allows up to 1MB file size and your ZIP version is almost small enough. I'm sure a lot more people will try it they don't have to register to some "random" sharing site.

Alright, I shoved it into a 7z and it's small enough to be attached.

Attachments

• ONS-Pericale-v2.7z
    778 KB · Views: 24

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I'm not sure it was a good idea to let the prime nodes see each other. Also the central node is visible from the prime nodes. Also you could climb the mountain between the cores from either prime node with a Manta to attack the enemy core from way above. (In other words, you don't need to get a Raptor for that.)

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
I'm not sure it was a good idea to let the prime nodes see each other. Also the central node is visible from the prime nodes. Also you could climb the mountain between the cores from either prime node with a Manta to attack the enemy core from way above. (In other words, you don't need to get a Raptor for that.)

This was a map I made several years ago, of course I wouldn't do things like a direct line of sight between several nodes if I were to make a whole new map (it would be a lot more painful with my UED rustiness though).

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
good update!

This one has tight canyons so don’t play it like a standard ONS; good layout and did notice the better lighting, bot pathing and terrain in Version 2. The shadows are even better now. This is a simple, small, fun and difference ONS map. I know it’s been a year already since this V2 release, but you should update your download links at Map Raider and UnrealPlayground if possible. I’ll take care of UP in the comments for now. I believe Insite reviewed the first version as well. Thank you for the update The Sandwich of Doom!;)