UT3 Competitive map pack 2 11 NEW MAPS!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

C4ASESINO

Mar 2, 2009
Competitive map pack 2 11 NEW MAPS! (updated 18/11/13)

Title: Competitive Map Pack 2
Game: Unreal Tournament 3
Compatibility: Patch 2.1 and Titan pack
Platform: PC
Version: 1.0

Description: COMP 2 was created to provide new maps designed for competitive players, all game objects are distributed as balanced as possible, the geometry is made to provide a fluid motion and comfortable to the player. Expect loads of trick jumps and a ton of fun.
Release Date: November 12, 2013
Author/Level Designer: Daniel Olaya aka Noob Zaibot

Special thanks to: Neil(aka captain flaccid) for important tips about the balance and gameplay for each map, Voyd for help and testing, Enoch for testing, stevelois for important help and technical tips, and ofcourse his tutorials.
Help, testing and thanks: Blitz, Odedge, Lord_PorkSword, Darkn3ss, UOF team. EPIC GAMES for game and tools, everyone that play my maps and Sorry if anyone was missed, I started this long time ago and i can´t remeber.
Textures : PK02 texture set by Philip Klevestav (some ones of this edited by me with photoshop)
Some textures extracted from quake live and edited for me with photoshop
Epic Games for UT3. some textures by Nobiax edited by me with photoshop
I made some ones, using pics from CG textures, with photoshop and pix plant
If anyone is missed let me know and i will put here.

PC Install: Extract the files in to X:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps (If the folders do not exist, create them)

Coments: The idea was to publish this map pack like 1 year ago, but due to the college, is until now.

The CTF map was made ​​especially for play instagib, do not was tested with any other mutator.

Note: DM-Camp_grounds_pro don´t is part of this mappack, that map was made by NEIL. I accidentally included it here. for now I can not upload DM-COMP-Impulse. because I am temporarily away from my computer. but as soon as I can I will.

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSn8f3DoBBs

Download links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lrf7omksb98h7r7/COMP2-pc.7z

http://hitpointgamer.com/?wpdmact=process&did=Mi5ob3RsaW5r

This was posted firts on Epic Games forums: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/977152-COMP-2-10-new-DM-Duel-maps-and-1-CTF-map

Last edited by a moderator:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I should have known that announcements are the first thing the users ignore when running into problems. And attempting to bypass the spamfilter by re-registering? Oh please. The forum actually told you why the new thread didn't show up right away - because it thinks a moderator should have a look at it first.

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
I got all excited about the word "campgrounds" showing up (which design clearly doesn't fit the maps!). The other maps looks nice though. Nice to have a reason to boot up UT3 again.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
another excellent map pack!

All the maps in here need authors names in the preview shots, but all seem to be by N00b_Zaibot and the COMP2 Team. Most of these are for duel and TDM and I can see why.

CTF-COMP-Blitz > simple, straight, bright, clean-look, decent lighting, nice trim, nice symbols, but needs a better skybox. As far as hardcore, it definitely is with the long narrow corridors with upper and lower paths. I like the jumppads to the powerup at the bases and good weapon placement, but the jumppads seem a little off. This one will definitely require teamwork online, but the bots on my team can’t defend hardly at all. Not sure if Greed really works well for this one though and the other bot team definitely gets toasted in this gametype.

DM-COMP-Anarchy Camp > I like the gray textures and yellow trim as well as the simple moving skybox and decent lighting/shadows. The Anarchy posted is a nice touch. This one is more open than most of these maps and has great classic gameplay with the bots being good in TDM. If all these COMP DM maps are like this, then I can’t wait to try the others.

DM-COMP-Azazel > interesting tan and teal colors with hatched pattern trim and good shadows; I liked the symbols and signs (is that one a robot or cowboy?). This one probably has the best skybox/map contrast yet with dark skybox and bright map (like Blitz). The gameplay is good, but the weapon placement seems a little off and I can’t figure out why.

DM-COMP-Bane > This is another bright one with a fighting grid for the floor and marbled ceiling. I like the light blue trim, esp. around the windows. The gameplay is crazy fun jumping with plenty of z-axis and good weapon placement. Since the jumppads are well-placed, the height differences don’t bother me and the bots can be tough esp. around the high jumppads.

DM-COMP-Deep > I like the cracks in the walls, skybox, rust, textures, signs, metal plate trim, dash of teal (wait…no….there is more and with tan) and columns. This is an open map with tight areas and good weapon placement. It has fun gameplay and the bots can be tough at times.

DM-COMP-Fluss > another bright one with yellow trim, moving skybox, music, scratched walls (did someone let a cat loose in here?;)), signs and designs. I like the powerup locations, but too many trick jumps. The water area is especially tricky, so watch out. The bots can be tough in water area, but easier everywhere else.

DM-COMP-Frantic > Sometimes the simplest of maps can be the most fun. In this case if you like the flak cannon, then you will love this map! There is no OP!;) The gameplay can get wild and my bots seem to follow me too close and get in my way (blocking view) more often in here. Regardless, the gameplay is fun and the bots can be very good. This one has a cool skybox, shadows, green trim, signs, bright hexagonal lights and hexagonal floors. Some might say this is too simple and could use an extra something.

DM-COMP-Kabal > I guess all these maps have bright grays with colored trim/floors. I liked the teleporters, signs/symbols, sweet jumppads, tiled ceilings, metal plate and blue trim, borders, orange/tan trim and gameplay. Of course, the gameplay is good in all these maps. This map has a nice size, but bots are too easy and get stuck in places.

DM-COMP-Pulse > I like the contrast with the textures/meshes, dark gray/light blue trim and bright walls. The signs, grate pattern, jumps, teleporters and arrows add a touch to the map as well. Some things aren’t as they seem in here, so practice this one before you play online. This has a classic layout like some others and the bots can be tough but mostly easy. I never flew out of the top of this map.;)

DM-COMP-Shax > good layout, finally a somewhat darker map wth good contrast, skybox, signs, shadows and trim. The gameplay is crazy and the bots are good with lots of trick jump possibilities. I like the flak cannon in here also.

Not sure where DM-COMP-Impulse disappeared to, but maybe it will pop up soon.:)