Should i play?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
Is UT2K4 still somewhat active at all? is it worth getting into and what game modes to get into? i'll train up for when the next UT comes out and AFAIK 2k4 is the most active of the UT's. I was never really into UT, was more into XMP and then moved onto other games (Cod, CS, Quake). I have the game on steam UT2k4, UT3.

Last edited:

Hellkeeper

Soulless Automaton
Feb 16, 2014
France
hellkeeper.net
If you ask me, UT22k4 is always worth it. I personally don't play that much online, but whenever I want to, I never have a problem finding a server. The only problem is that there are only 4 types of servers: deathmatch on Rankin (always), CTF on Face or BridgeofFaith (always), ONS (a handfull) and then some instgib ctf with 2vs2 maps populated by 16 players. Nonetheless, it remains very fun.

Then there's offline play if you're into that sort of thing, but there's so many custom stuff you can have fun anyway.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
I would say there are more players on UT than there are on UT2004. The custom content for the first tournament game is far more developed and I've seen maps from Super Mario World all the way to Braveheart. It's really out there.

madspacemarine02

random access user
May 2, 2014
There is no need for discussion. Everyone has their opinion. Both UTs are very different in a few, important ways.

It's nice that people with different opinions tolerate each other here, but it's better not to stretch this too far to avoid disputes.
If one wants to play UT, he/she can.

Forcing something by trying to convert others is just wrong, rude and leads to disputes.

Last edited: