Strange zooming colour problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk
Whenever I zoom and there is a team mate visible on-screen, the entire screen turns green. Move you direction away from a team mate and the green disappears.

Attached is a pic and my SupportRifle.uc file which has all the zooming code.

Any help appreciated. :)

Attachments

• green.jpg
    green.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 27
  • SupportRifle.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Mychaeel

There's the problem when you start by copy-and-pasting Epic code: You get all kinds of undesired side effects because you're likely to change the code without having thoroughly understood its flow.

In your RenderOverlays implementation the statement from the original SniperRifle code that sets the drawing color before the zoomed sniper background is drawn simply isn't there; so the background is drawn in whatever color happens to be set at that time, and when you're looking at a teammate that's the green color of the player name that's displayed in the middle of the screen.

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk
I don't think that will be happening just yet. I only started my little coding venture four days ago. :)

Anyway, incase anybody else makes the same mistake I accidently deleted this line whilst trying to get rid of the recharge bar.

Code:
SetZoomBlendColor(Canvas);