Season/Tournament Mode for singleplayer?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rflet86

May 7, 2005
hey gang,

Unreal Tournament 2004.. doesnt have a single player tournament/season mode.. sure there is the single player campaign type tourny where u can spend cash and what not to recruit players, but even if u lost you just play the level before that to earn more credits and try again..

How about we add a real season/Tournament mode to unreal tournament? Looking over the sports sections you can specify pretty much anything you want for a playoff tree with teams and what not..

What the basic mod idea is:

1) Qualify in deathmatches to prove you can lead a team in the Unreal Tournament
2) Get a set amount of dollars to hire team mates and form a team
3) enter leagues and tournaments to earn more dollars to spend for team mates, perhaps even training sessions to improve player stats?
4) Play those leagues! Simulate matches and post thier results and have all the teams ranked, top 6 or so enters playoffs..

Needless to say this would be a single player mod, and it would liven things up for the people that play offline/poor 56kers..

but wouldnt it be nice to have a mod that created a season/schedule for you to play, then at the end of that go into playoff mode? It would sure add something to the game as now it wont be just a scrim game that doesnt matter whether you win or lose, but instead make a mod that every result of a game will reflect on your overall game in a long term setting like leagues/tournies..

in all honesty it doesnt sound very difficult to me, but sadly I do not have the programming skills to do this myself and of course no knowledge on how unreal functions.. I just play..

I would truly be in your debht if someone took this idea and made it happen, it sure would add more replay value to UT and make offline games more meaningful.. plus this mod would also be a very easy way to host tournaments online if you figured out a way to make it work..

thoughts/comments?

soyrico

Apr 2, 2000
Visit site
dude do have any idea how long that is gonna take

it's pretty frustating for a person new to this kind of stuff like me

i made my first decent map and a error deleted it i had over 20 full rooms too and was about to build a outside launchpad

(p.s.does anyone know a decent terrain totorial the one that comes the game's terrain tutorial kinda was too complex pm me if you do)

EDIT:butt load of mistakes too lazy to edit :p

Last edited by a moderator: