Lockups with 413 patch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gravy

May 20, 2000
Visit site
I just tried the other patches. 405b seems to work ok without any lockups but 413 is still a problem.

Oh well, at last I can play.

gravy

May 20, 2000
Visit site
I just purchased Unreal Tournament. Yay. I installed it and then updated it with the 413 patch. I experience lockups when playing the game (multiplayer or single). When it locks up I always hear a high pitched sound and I am forced to reboot my computer.

I did the following to try to resolve this. Scan and defraged my hard drive. Uninstall and reinstall UT version 400.

I ran for several hours with just the original version 400 and did not experience any lockups. It was great. So I ran the 413 patch and sure enough the lockups came back.

I am going to try the 402 and 405b patches to see if I get the same lockup.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

System specs:
P3-500
128 meg RAM
Matrox G400 32meg video
Soundblaster PCI128
Windows 95

Blistering_Pants

T2 Junkie
May 14, 2000
VA, USA
If you look at my post "413" you will see that I had this same problem. Read though and follow the tips I was given, they worked and now 413 runs smooth for me.