Unusual idea: Creating movie with UnrealEd2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ethax

!Concept Art Maniac!
Sep 19, 2008
Hi!

As it's the third place where I share my things, firstly here's this in few words:

I thinked so that my plans will not cause confusion, but sorry if yes...
So, I explain my project more detailed:
Every intros, ingame dialogues and/or movies are simple maps where every movements and actions are predefinied (with triggers). But this isn't rare in SP maps, too. (For Examp.: If the player reaches to new place where new enemies waiting for him, a short movie may show him what will comes next...)
So, I thinked that we make a SP mod, where player only can see what happening. In this form this will be very boring, because is this only the first phase of this project. The second is the exporting entire "triggered happenings" (in a word: the movie) to an AVI file with an external program (which can capture the screen and save it to video file) and cut them to become an exciting movie what anybody can play with his favorite video player.
Maps are scenes, all event is triggered, but at least we going to make maps, from which we can make a playable SP mod, too.
However I won't use UT2004's characters because it's a defferent story in different time. Because good modellers are needed to make new characters, weapons, vehicles, etc."

So, I going to gather peoples for this project. I wrote a story on my native language, and I'm working to translate it to English. We are now three: a modeller and mapper, a photographer, and me (concept art, music creating, Photoshop, and a little UnrealEd and 3D Studio Max)... If anybody interested in this, join us!

Here's my posts in UnrealSP.Org and BeyondUnreal Forums.
And here's a reference on YouTube...

Ethax

!Concept Art Maniac!
Sep 19, 2008
Hmm... It's not good, that nobody interested in this. I hoped that here will finally find peoples for my project... Unfortunately on my notebook won't run UT3 and UT2004 only with minimal graphical details. However I saw some movies from UT3 and I like they. Yea, what a nice graphics! Where are those mappers who can make such beautiful maps in UnrealEd4? Maybe it's much harder to work in this editor, but very very nice... My respect for Epic games!