Unknown Flash Type ¿ ¿ ¿

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
So I put my old motherboard into my 2nd computer and all of a sudden i get an "unknown flash type" error and the computer won't boot up. aargh! I can't stand all the problems i have with my computer.

I switched to my back-up bios (thank God for Dual Bios). I still get the error, but at least i can boot up the computer. I'm now booting up from my backup bios and would overwrite the main bios except for that error problem i don't know about what will happen.

Can anyone help. What is a flash type, and why is it unknown¿

it is the gigabyte bx2000+ mobo.

S

SpiritWalker

it is *something with your firm wear..
rewriting should be an issue.. but I don't know what the puter and it's componets are..

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
Originally posted by The Spiritwalker
...I don't know what the puter and it's componets are..

my computer has:

gigabyte bx2000+
pIII 550mHz 100fsb
768 pc133 dimms
HP cd writer 4x4x24
voodoo5 5500agp
sb live mp3+
linksys 10/100 nic
creative labs modem 5630
pci to 4port usb card

NOTE: voodoo3 3500agp would not work for some reason, it would boot up, but would not display anything to monitor.