Explain your Username

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
My nick name "Wormbo" is derived from the game Worms Armageddon where I have a team of worms with names like Wormbo, Atwormizer, Worminator, Cyworm, etc.
I don't spend much time inventing names, and if I do it's usually wasted time... :rolleyes:
[edit]
And if I may add that: No matter how silly the nick may be, I've used it for over a decade and I don't intend to change it just because it doesn't feel "cool" or special anymore.

Last edited:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Some ****er still managed to grab it as a gmail addy though :(

Way back in the mists of time (pre-1999), I used Shockwave as a gaming nick. That was way too common, so I had to think up something different. I liked the sound of the word Celeron, so I used that, after switching the C for my first initial, and the N for a slightly more unusual X.

Pretty much it :)

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
My name is my original nickname, dating back to 2000. Me and my friend, whom I didn't see for a couple of years at the time, went to a gaming club (similar to internet cafe, but dedicated to gaming, they were popular in Russia back then) to play UT.

When setting up it occurred to me that I don't have a nickname, so I used the first thing that came to my mind - name of MtG card with an illustration I liked (I got the pack just a few days before that) - Lynx.

lynxr.jpg

Sometime later, in about a year, I accidentally got an underscore in the beginning, was too lazy to fix that and played like that for a while. Later I understood that I like the nickname that way, and didn't change back.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Obviously because my copper is contorted. My steel is sinuous. My aluminum anfractuous. But I had to dumb it down for you guys to understand. Therefore, my metal is twisted. :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Not sure why I took NeoNite. Could've gone with zwalqcxyrsqizuop or xszusqpqpizeroing instead I guess, but that doesn't have a nice ring to it...

So yeah, neonite.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
[edit]
And if I may add that: No matter how silly the nick may be, I've used it for over a decade and I don't intend to change it just because it doesn't feel "cool" or special anymore.

You have no idea how Wormbo and Unrealscript have become intertwined in programming circles. Also, I bet some of the cheating folk out there got bored and eventually started to miss you :D

Last edited:

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
I had a phase, where I basically changed my nick every time I went online. Then I got into unreal engine modding and joined a mod team. I was kindly asked to stick with one nick. I noticed, that I had too much time, which I wasted on modding back then and that's how I decided to go with Polychron.