Anyone having problems with Battlefield 2??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
It's about the way it feels to use the gun. So even it is just a kind of a crosshair, it is millions of times better.
But the conefire and all that in BF2 suck huge times. Fireing an MG when standing is 100% useless and so on...

Even if the quality of the irons in BF2 is low (wrong apertures, to big, ...) It represents very good what awesome things are possible with this system.

But to discuss this, I made allready a thread in the general discussion, so...

But yeah, this game is not worth it.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
IGN: Interview with the masterminds at EA - when asked about the upcoming BF2 'expansion' said:
IGNPC: You said that night vision was also going to be in commander mode, are there going to be any more additions in that part of the game?

AJ: No.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Heh, "she" gets around cause i usually do it 3-4 nights a week, which about counts for all my free time. Though i did just start dating Falcon 4.0 Alied Force which is quite diverting.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Anhold voice: "Stahp wahning!"

Seriously though i haven't run into any problems with customizing controls. I'm willing to bet that you could open up some config file and just input your changes manually if it's really bothering you. what exactly are you trying to configure?

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
It's about the demo and it doesn't work, not important at all, but when I play a bit (toying with the sights) I have problems playing INF, cuz after BF2 playing INF I always try to sprint with the key that normally is crouching in INF, lol imagine that ingame, exactly the opposite.

Config... I´m not such a leet haxor, programmor (j/king), but I´ll try.

U/D/T/SNAKE

Only partially annoying now
Psychomorph said:
It's about the demo and it doesn't work, not important at all, but when I play a bit (toying with the sights) I have problems playing INF, cuz after BF2 playing INF I always try to sprint with the key that normally is crouching in INF, lol imagine that ingame, exactly the opposite.

Config... I´m not such a leet haxor, programmor (j/king), but I´ll try.

You definetly wont be able to customize the demo controls. The patch fixed it some but for the retail game. I also wonder if because I have the dvd version, if that somehow gives me issues because of the dvd burner.

U/D/T/SNAKE

Does anyone know why my score in the BFQ never goes up and always says my last battle was 2 weeks ago? Is it that I have to go to specified servers? I did think any server will up your score. Its not that imprtant but Ive played several games for long hours kicking ass all over the place in helos and cqb and in game I get like a 125 score like something insanely huge (Im always recapturing flags, defending, or wailing the crap out of armor) but my damn score never goes up and if I cant one of the bronze silver or gold stars it never replects in the bfq...anyone have any knowledge as to why?

Edit: It also bothers me because I know when your score goes up you can unlock certain weapons.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
AFAIK yes it does matter what servers your playing on. I think that only "offical ranked servers" are the ones that effect your persistant score.

U/D/T/SNAKE

geogob said:
Yes, you have to make sure you are playing on ranked servers.

Fookin EA. The game is so farkin nebulas when it comes to simple informational bits like that. I sort of assumed you had to play on a ranked server before. I guess its just completely coincidence that I was before and got the score that I did (along with the badges and crap.) because I wasnt paying attention to whether the server was official or not.

[UMC]Boron

UMC's Official Drunkard
Oct 10, 2002
Minnesota, USA
Visit site
yeah you can filter just ranked servers on the bottom of the screen. They say it usually takes about a half a day to update the ranked server stuff. Its happened a lot quicker though for me sometimes.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
U/D/T/SNAKE said:
Fookin EA. The game is so farkin nebulas when it comes to simple informational bits like that.

I'd have to say that the battlefield series has had the worst documentation of any mainstream title i've purchased. They can get away with it cause most of the stuff is self explanitory... but it was more than a month till i realized what to do with the shovel in the NVA kits.

U/D/T/SNAKE

Anyway, I got my new rig...all powered up. and I was wondering if some of you guys that play BF2 would like to play a private game...say around 20 guys...10 on 10. My new rig should have more than enough power to get it going only, Im not so salty at hosting, I could give somone admin rights or password or whatever to hook it up. If you dont know my new rig is amd 57 fx 4 gig ram duel geforce 7800, 2x 400 gig hard drive 600w system...should be more than enough juice to host a good game. Ill make the password...well..."infiltration"...that should keep you in and pains in the asses out. I just thought it would be a great game to play with some of the folks here. Ive been in so many games where I really want some teamwork.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
For anyone who's having trouble getting the game to start at all, turn off window blinds.
For those of you who would like to have controls different than the default ones, GOOD LUCK!
And if you would like to play the game offline while the master server is down, too bad.

That said, the maps are sparse and monotonous, needs more far-range open maps like El Alamein back in BF1942.