UE3 - General UE3 editor missing content browser

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

id-dis

Sep 2, 2012
Hi I seem to be missing the Content Browser for UE3 (build UT2004 2005-11-23 - 16.22) and some of the right click menu items do not appear such as Add Interpactor can anyone help please? I am trying to make a level for UT2004 on a windows 7 PC.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The UT2004 Editor ("UEd3") must not be confused with the third generation Unreal Engine ("UE3"), which powers UT3, UDK, and many other games of the last few years. UT2004 is powered by the second generation Unreal Engine ("UE2"), which in turn must not be confused with the Unreal Editor 2 ("UEd2"), that comes with many of the later first generation Unreal Engine games.

id-dis

Sep 2, 2012
If it is UE2 do you know how i can get the content browser and other missing items to show in the editor? BTW it says version 3 when launching?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The acronym "UEx" refers to "Unreal Engine x". The engine generation is not the same as the Unreal Editor version. The content browser and other things are not missing, they weren't even invented when UT2004 came out.
Again, UT2004 is UE2 and thus only comes with the UEd3. Ignore all articles related to UT3 or the UDK, they won't be applicable to UT2004 at all.

id-dis

Sep 2, 2012
thx for clearing that up for me. it just seems that this editor is missing many items I had when I used the editor previously. thanks again

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You definitely never had the Content Browser. That is only available in the UDK. In UT3 there's a similar browser, called the Generic Browser. But in earlier engine generations, such as UT2004's editor textures, sounds, static meshes, etc. are all in separate browsers.