Stupid Dick Measuring Devices in Airports

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
There is no big deal. An image algorithm automatically recognizes your genitals depending on the size and covers them with a colored box on the monitoring screen.
And the unedited pic would never be kept somewhere. Ever.

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
this whole TSA thing and invading privacy in the US is sickening, i cant understand how this can happen while in my idea 95 percent of the people hate all this privacy invading measurements.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Don't you think it would make you uncomfortable to look at a dude in the scanner with a giant boner? :p

I have no idea..however it could as well amuse him, I mean the guy who checks the scanner images. I don't see what positive effect would it have? It could turn him off, but as well as oposite, depending on his sexuality, or it could do nothing at all.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
this whole TSA thing and invading privacy in the US is sickening, i cant understand how this can happen while in my idea 95 percent of the people hate all this privacy invading measurements.

Everyone may hate it, but as soon as the T-word is used they'll happily obey the almighty leader.
Never mind the old excuse "if you're innocent you won't have anything to hide so what are you afraid of anyway?" ...
And failing that giving free stuff as a reward will do the trick as sites like Facebook have discovered that people will reveal every bit of personal info if they can get 'free' stuff.

The only thing that might stop this is parents claiming the guards are pedophiles because they will be looking at naked kids as well ....

Hadmar said:
And the unedited pic would never be kept somewhere. Ever.
I seem to remember an article that said that the unedited pictures were stored despite manufacturers and politicians claiming they weren't ...

Last edited:

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
It would be hilarious if the guy watching the monitor was really big and fat with pieces of the popcorn he's eating rolling off his belly as he loudly chuckles everytime someone passes through it :lol:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I seem to remember an article that said that the unedited pictures were stored despite manufacturers and politicians claiming they weren't ...

It was at a courthouse in Florida, so it's only remotely related.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
saw another ridiculous story on the news tonight about this TSA hooplah.
they said people should boycott airport security over the holiday as a sign of protest. oh, great. so it takes me an additional 14 f*cking hours to get to my flight.

this sh*t is ridiculous.
you know what? I can't wait for the next successful terrorist attack.
yeah it sucks that people are going to have to die, but that's what it's going to take.

I can't wait for the next plane to fall from the sky in a ball of fire, because that will prove (once again) that all these enhanced security measures don't actually make us any safer. when you're trying to fight terrorism at the lines in the airport itself, then it's too late. the security we had in place just prior to 9/11 was fine.

the reason 9/11 was successful had NOTHING to do with airport security.
the reason that the underpants bomber failed had NOTHING to do with airport security.

wake up people.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Underpants bomb... :eek:

A lot of people are armed with those. AKA farts..in a claustrophobic flying tube of people crowded together, there is nothing worse than having that one asshat rip one right there and then...

Really?

You guys are going to complain about a full body scan that you may or may not get? ****ing l o l

First thing, if you don't like the chance that you may be scanned or frisked, take the bus, drive your car, take the train, walk. Whatever. It's not a 'right' to fly on a airplane. You buy the ticket, you gotta follow the rules. It's part of flying.

You honestly think that ANYONE will want to see any of you as a blob in a computer screen after they have seen much better and much worse and boast about it? Really? It's a couple of mins out of your day to get a quick scan to make sure that you aren't about to kill anyone etc. Of course YOU know you aren't going to do it, but that doesn't mean everyone else on the plane knows.

I personally don't care. It's not invasive to me, I'm not going to die from it any faster than I am from sitting in the car in traffic or eating fast food etc. I'm sure almost all of you drive around in a city with traffic cameras. Those things are always recording you. The government can track where you go, and how you got there just by replaying those tapes.

So for someone to be upset that some dude in a small office is looking at hundreds or thousands of blobed people is just crazy. It's not a loss to our "freedom" or anything like that, it's a simple security measure that was introduced after the underpants bomber got through security because I'm pretty ****ing sure that not one of you would like to be seated next to the next Underpants bomber, now would you?

Also, I'm almost 100% sure that if you took a vote of people and asked, "This plane has been checked by security and gone through the full body scanner, and this other plane has not" that everyone would vote to fly on the plane that has been scanned and been made secure.

But that's just my thoughts and maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should abolish all pat downs and bomb sniffers and anything that takes pictures of us and helps fight against crime and have more terrorist attacks (because IIRC, we haven't had another one since 9/11 and all these new security measures have been put in place, we are still learning after all)

Last edited:
the reason 9/11 was successful had NOTHING to do with airport security.
the reason that the underpants bomber failed had NOTHING to do with airport security.

wake up people.

So what your saying then is that if these bombers had gone through this full body scan, the "attacks" would have still happend.

hrm, intresting theory you have here sir!

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Also, I'm almost 100% sure that if you took a vote of people and asked, "This plane has been checked by security and gone through the full body scanner, and this other plane has not" that everyone would vote to fly on the plane that has been scanned and been made secure.

They can't make a plane completely secure. It's impossible. Too many people have access. They can only give you the illusion of security.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Maybe we should abolish all pat downs and bomb sniffers and anything that takes pictures of us and helps fight against crime and have more terrorist attacks (because IIRC, we haven't had another one since 9/11 and all these new security measures have been put in place, we are still learning after all)
nah man, you don't get it.

the reason we haven't been attacked since 9/11 has nothing to do with the enhanced security at the lines that lead into the airport terminal. that guy with the bomb in his pants wasn't caught in the security line. he was caught in his seat - on the plane - because he was obviously an amateur bombmaker. if not for his being an idiot, his attack would have gone on without a hitch.
it's basically the same case with the would-be Times Square bomber.
nobody caught him until after the fact. we just got lucky because he f*cked up.

sure, some people feel violated by the extra security measures.
but that's not the point. the point is that all the extra measures are simply unnecessary. they don't make us any more safe. they're expensive, time consuming, and a hassle.
So what your saying then is that if these bombers had gone through this full body scan, the "attacks" would have still happend.
careful, your ignorance is showing.

attacks will happen in spite of full body scanners and pat-downs.
it's true that the underpants guy would have been caught. but that's one case concerning one guy who was obviously poorly trained and apprehensive. you're not thinking about hardened, determined, and better trained terrorists. because REAL terrorists will find a way around anything we could possibly throw at them.

you can't fight terrorism at the airport.
once it gets there, it's too late.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Really?

You guys are going to complain about a full body scan that you may or may not get? ****ing l o l

First thing, if you don't like the chance that you may be scanned or frisked, take the bus, drive your car, take the train, walk. Whatever. It's not a 'right' to fly on a airplane. You buy the ticket, you gotta follow the rules. It's part of flying.

You honestly think that ANYONE will want to see any of you as a blob in a computer screen after they have seen much better and much worse and boast about it? Really? It's a couple of mins out of your day to get a quick scan to make sure that you aren't about to kill anyone etc. Of course YOU know you aren't going to do it, but that doesn't mean everyone else on the plane knows.

I personally don't care. It's not invasive to me, I'm not going to die from it any faster than I am from sitting in the car in traffic or eating fast food etc. I'm sure almost all of you drive around in a city with traffic cameras. Those things are always recording you. The government can track where you go, and how you got there just by replaying those tapes.

So for someone to be upset that some dude in a small office is looking at hundreds or thousands of blobed people is just crazy. It's not a loss to our "freedom" or anything like that, it's a simple security measure that was introduced after the underpants bomber got through security because I'm pretty ****ing sure that not one of you would like to be seated next to the next Underpants bomber, now would you?

But that's just my thoughts and maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should abolish all pat downs and bomb sniffers and anything that takes pictures of us and helps fight against crime and have more terrorist attacks (because IIRC, we haven't had another one since 9/11 and all these new security measures have been put in place, we are still learning after all)

Jackal loves posing for full body scan pictures apparently or strip in front of everyone. :p

And waht about if he just ate the explosive or have it operated in him? How would the scan show it? It isn't exactly deep xray or something like that anyway.

Last edited: