Eurofighter defeats two F-15E's

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
Soda, if the two were F-14's piloted by Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer, the Eurofighter would've lost.
Taque said:
So I think that if the two F-15E's were F-16C's, the Eurofighter would've lost.

Last edited:

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
All you'd have to do is fly above him and say "Hah: I've won!" Then he'd try to fly straight up over you and get his shit cut off.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
The F14 should be a a bigger challenge than f15's for that typhoon. Why? Longer ranged missles and better manuverabillity. The F14 can turn just as fast as a F16 the only problem is that it has a so so rate of roll.

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
You, tomcat, my friend, have entirely missed the point. First, even just talking about the on-topic discussion, missiles didn't enter into it. Sure, the F-14 would've shot it down at 120 nm with it's Phoenix missile, but that wasn't the point. Second, you didn't exactly pick up on our strange, convoluted side-topic conversation. :p

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Look at my nick. Isnt tomcat in my nick?
What does that mean? Well it means that im a F14 fanboy who wants to protect its honor at all times!!!

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Damnit would someone please fix the BuF emailer? I don't get to know when people reply to my threads anymore.

Don't forget, the planes didn't actually fire at eachother in the exercise, so the F-15E could have had a better loadout.

But to show I'm unbiased, my country just has a bunch of CF-16s :p

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Derelan said:
Damnit would someone please fix the BuF emailer? I don't get to know when people reply to my threads anymore.

Don't forget, the planes didn't actually fire at eachother in the exercise, so the F-15E could have had a better loadout.

But to show I'm unbiased, my country just has a bunch of CF-16s :p

I find it surprising that nobody mentioned the obvious (and cliched) response to this type situation (the dogfight not the other stuff in the thread). "It's the man, not the machine." I don't know the situation of the US aiforce at the moment, but i'm willing to bet that it's not what the media, and recruiters make it out to be. Between the Clinton administration cutting the budget back to zero, and then Bush slaming the military into high gear i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if training over the course of the last decade was worse for wear, and any practice or sorties pilots do get today is probably skewed toward putting laser guided bombs into the ventilation shafts on bunkers or down into cave openings, and not how to defeat aircraft.

Eh i wouldn't worry... it's likely that in another 10 years pilots will be a thing of the past anyhow. Where's skynet when you need it. :p