Dreamcast maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Great to know that you're still in action.
Since we're talking about the console version of UT, for those who are interested these are the unique Raw Steel (note the white collar) and Male Necris models used only by the bots in the PS2 version. Much better than the original ones.

Raw Steel.
Male Necris.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
What is that album from? I see some maps which I don't know...with skaarj etc..
EDIT: Ah it says qtit, but dunno who is he now...

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
What is that album from? I see some maps which I don't know...with skaarj etc..
EDIT: Ah it says qtit, but dunno who is he now...

As for now he's partecipating in that USP contest and he's showing some nice stuff. I remember he worked for TCO too.

Red Rork

Jul 6, 2009
Amsterdam
http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unreal_Tournament#Maps

For if anyone is looking for all the maps from DC and PS2 their you have all the titles. If someone (e.g. "Wander" :)) ports all of them is it an idea to put it in a complete package (all the converted maps so I can store them in one place. Because i'm currently making a compilation DVD with all the important Unreal (series) files....

Good luck with the mapping progress i'll be here.... waiting and hoping and waiting :)

Greetings
Red Rork

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
So I wanted to take some screenshots of Stormfront, which is now practically finished, but for some reason this **** computer goes BSoD on me everytime I try to take a screenshot. That means that for the time being I can't create a previewshot either. I'll try again tomorrow.

God, I'll be glad I'll be making the switch to Mac very soon.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Why switching to Mac (sorry, but Mac doesn't seem to be really good operating system, but nowadays there is hardly a good operating system anyway)? What are you using now?

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
For two reasons, which will answer both of your questions:

-First of all I use a mobo because I simply don't have enough space to install a desktop here. iMacs on the other hand are take up very little space since it's just the screen (which contains all the hardware), the keyboard and a mouse. The laptop originally came with Windows vista, but after two days of using it I concluded it was the biggest pile of bull**** I've run on any computer in my life, I threw it off and installed XP. However, sometimes the OS decides to become insanely unstable (yet my scanners never pick up any indication there might be a virus at work), and this, in conjunction with the fact that the mobo's video card has got massive overheating problems, leads often to a whole load of problems that tend to pop out right out of the blue (like the BSoD problem, which has been happening today, after working perfectly for a year). I'm not sure if it's the OS' fault, because this mobo has some weird and stupid hardware problems, for instance, when the screen is tilted more towards to keyboard, the power cuts, forcing the computer to switch off the unhealthy way.

I'm not sure how Mac's OS wouldn't be very good, as I personally only heard people praising the system for its stability. Some friends of mine graduated in graphic design, they used both Mac and Windows when they started their studies and now they all stick to Mac, stating that Mac never gave them any trouble in all those years. In the one year I've been owning this thing, I've been having problems with it more often than not. During the year I've been using this thing it has undergone at least three full system formats and re-installations. I'm tired of having to put up with these instability issues and therefore hope that I'll find a much more stable system in a Mac computer. Because honestly, this computer, while it should've been a so called "top-of-line" notebook, feels more like a sinking vessel to me.

-The second reason is that I'm going to study photography. The curriculum will include graphic design as well, so the switch to Mac is only logical to me. On the gaming side it won't be an issue to me. The only games I play on computer are those from the Unreal franchise, and Blizzard games except for WoW. I'll keep using this computer solely for level design purposes, as that will become quite harder with a Mac.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well...I used mac only once long ago and I didn't quite like it. And all of my friends don't like it as well, but if you want to try, go ahead.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
I've used it a few years ago. I thought it was fine except for the one-button mice which I could never get used to. But nowadays all these mice have two buttons, so my biggest (and - until now - only) beef with Mac has been solved.

Oh, yeah, now I got some pretty ****ty news, which follows up nicely to the rant about this **** mobo in my previous post. I was doing some tweaks in Stormfront, adding some sound effects that had to be done, and suddenly and without any reason, this wanker decides to shut down. I wasn't even touching that piece of junk because I was sitting at the tv screen to memorise the sound effect I was listening to. As if my notebook was saying: "well, **** you, I don't feel like working anymore so you can kiss my crappy malfunctioning little ass".

So I restart, thinking "ok, no problem, I just saved so I don't have to redo any steps". I fire up UnrealEd, open the map, but nothing shows up. All data from and up to the LevelInfo has been wiped out. All that remains is the filename of the map itself (CTF-Stormfront). I reload again, and again. Zilch. I start UT itself, go to Stormfront, and all I get is the following message:
Failed to enter C:\UnrealTournament\Maps\CTF-Stormfront.unr: Failed to find object 'Level None.MyLevel'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
I seriously hope this doesn't mean I'm going to have restart from scratch again.

EDIT: I've been doing a search on this and I may have found a solution. I'll keep you updated.

EDIT: Tried some things, based on the things I found on doing a search for this error, reinstalled the game, all to no avail. It would seem that the days spent on Stormfront are in vain.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well, what about creating a package mylevel if it looks for it and then resave map? I dunno really about this, I see this for first time.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
So I opened the editor, created a mylevel package with a random texture in it, loaded Stormfront, but nothing showed up. Here's the log:

Log: Log file open, 07/31/09 15:55:28
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 436
Init: Compiled: Oct 24 2000 12:22:20
Init: Command line:
Init: Base directory: C:\UnrealTournament\System\
Init: Character set: Unicode
Log: Bound to Editor.dll
Log: Bound to Core.dll
Log: Bound to Engine.dll
Log: Bound to Window.dll
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Init: Computer: JEROEN04B89779
Init: User: JeroenVanSweeveldt
Init: Memory total: Phys=2097151K Pagef=4194303K Virt=2097024K
Init: Working set: 32000 / 159000
Init: CPU Speed=2494.031414 MHz
Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=2
Init: CPU Detected: PentiumPro-class processor (GenuineIntel)
Init: CPU Features: CMov FPU RDTSC PAE MMX KNI
Init: Unreal engine initialized
Log: Bound to Galaxy.dll
Init: Galaxy is using WinMM
Init: Galaxy initialized
Init: Transaction tracking system initialized
Log: Bound to Fire.dll
Log: Bound to IpDrv.dll
Log: Bound to UWeb.dll
Log: Bound to WinDrv.dll
Init: Mouse info: 6 10 1
Init: Client initialized
Log: Bound to Render.dll
Init: Lighting subsystem initialized
Init: Rendering initialized
Init: Editor engine initialized
Log: Startup time: 1.193123 seconds
Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport0
Log: Opened viewport
Log: Bound to SoftDrv.dll
Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport1
Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport2
Init: Input system initialized for U2Viewport3
Init: Input system initialized for MeshViewer
Init: Input system initialized for TextureBrowser
Log: FactoryCreateBinary: Texture with TextureFactory (0 0 C:\UnrealTournament\tester.pcx)
Log: Imported Texture MyLevel.Screenshot
Log: New File, Existing Package (Package MyLevel, Package CTF-Stormfront)
Log: Matched Viewport U2Viewport0
Log: Matched Viewport U2Viewport1
Log: Matched Viewport U2Viewport2
Log: Matched Viewport U2Viewport3
Log: Matched Viewport MeshViewer
Log: Matched Viewport TextureBrowser
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: U2Viewport0
Log: BspValidateBrush linked 0 of 0 polys
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: 0.0ms Unloading: Package Render
Log: 0.0ms Unloading: Package MyLevel
Log: Garbage: objects: 41576->41550; refs: 499751
>
Not sure if this may help.

On another note, after reinstalling UT the game no longer crashes when I take screenshots. Hoorah.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I just read through this thread and didn't see anything about this, so I thought I'd mention it. Did you guys know about the Console Bonus Pack over at ut-files?
http://www.ut-files.com

(under Maps/MapPacks/MapsC_D/Console_Bonus_Pack.zip)

This is missing some of the DC/PS2 maps also, but it and the links in this thread get you most of them and some different versions.

Is it possible to open up the editor and rename the UNR file so that versions named the exact same can be played in UT without moving files and restarting the game?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Hell yes. Great find here! :tup:

It got all (or almost all, I don't know) the DC maps.

EDIT: It got the old version of the unofficial Flux, watch out.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Also old coagulate. EDIT: Well the version in this pack has better music imo....than the coagulate i had. Dunno which one is better then.
Btw some of the maps in this pack has adjusted timedilation. (edit: seems like not, must be problem on my side either it runs normal slow or too fast, weird.)

Btw don't forget PS2 version had dm-coagulate amnd DC had DOM version.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
So the links in this thread are better maps than the versions in the Console Bonus Pack? I haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

Also, can the name of UNRs with the same name (well, one of them that is) be changed so each can be accessed through UT without having to move files around and restart?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
So the links in this thread are better maps than the versions in the Console Bonus Pack? I haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

Also, can the name of UNRs with the same name (well, one of them that is) be changed so each can be accessed through UT without having to move files around and restart?

The attachments are, look for dmflux attachment here. The coagulate was unfinished in the attachment.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Do search this thread: Flux and then coagulate and you will find them.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
You can open a map in UED, make any changes to it or rebuild, then hit the button that looks like a joystick to play the map but without saving the map. If you want to see the differences you made from the original just press esc and start a multiplayer game to check it. If you save the map after you made the changes it will of course save the changes in the unr file.