In Which Someone Complains About Thread Closure And People Discuss Marriage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
May I request a reopening of the marriage debate thread? I and most of the other debaters took great lengths to keep offensive rhetoric out of the discussion. Looking back over the 7 pages there was a positive ongoing discussion that dealt with several admittedly difficult subjects. I've had a number of emails and PM's from people not wanting to enter the debate but glad that it's occurring. It would be a loss to close this while so many other threads remain open that are way more uncivil in tone.

If the staff chooses not to reopen it then I would like to thank the contributors to the thread and apologize that it may not continue here. It was not closed at my request.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I nor any of the rest of the staff have any problem with civil discussion of controversial topics. However, that has rarely ever happened here.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I nor any of the rest of the staff have any problem with civil discussion of controversial topics. However, that has rarely ever happened here.

Dear stupid face, you are wrong and stupid. Please change your mind.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
I would have liked to keep the thread alive also.

But to be clear, is it the gay Jesus thread you refer to, gopostal? It really wasn't about marriage when I posed the question but that's okay too.

I don't think name calling is needed either, but it does at times inject humor (assuming it was intended as such, of course). ;)

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I'd leave it closed too. I mean I'm just one guy against all of you, that's not really fair.

If you look past the argumentum ad verecundiam and the ad hominems you guys were getting it pretty hard. I'd bail out too and resort to the name calling.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_RaPOOVX1Y[/m]
Every time Firefly posts I read it like the brainiac caveman in here.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values

captain-picard-full-of-win.jpg

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Dear Mods,

This is to request that my thread "Boner Jesus Sexes Babies Each Fortnight" be re-opened. I believe boners are an important part of our society, as is Jesus.

Sir Thadius Bonaire III