What good rain maps are there?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
What maps for UT2004 (any gameplay mode) have rain in them? I like rain, both in real life and in games, as I think it makes things feel somehow 'more alive'. So what maps have rain (and preferably thunder and lightning too), and are enjoyable maps to play in?

Thanks for any answers.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
I think Dozey means CTF-DE-ElecFields (rusty colored maps set up high with light rain falling).

As for some custom maps, I think the map DM-CoverShore by Greenloves also features some light rain.

Apr 11, 2006
ONS-Iguazu - I'm actually not sure if this has rain throughout most of the map, but it definitely features a lot of water.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Thanks for all of the answers, I've downloaded them all except , Thanatosaurus, I can't find DM-[DaTs] Death Island, can you post a link please. And Leilei, can you post a link to DM-Rankin, too, please.

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
The UT2004 maps have already been named, but make sure you check out CTF-Dreary in Unreal Tournament. As mentioned, Unreal 2 has some great rainy maps. The swamp map, and there is acid rain on Na Koja Abad (although last time I played there was a bug with the rain not appearing half the time - could only see the splash decals on the ground).

You ought to play Max Payne 2. That's rain/thunder galore. Also, Call of Duty 4 has a map just for you called Downpour.

Last edited:

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
The UT2004 maps have already been named, but make sure you check out CTF-Dreary in Unreal Tournament. As mentioned, Unreal 2 has some great rainy maps. The swamp map, and there is acid rain on Na Koja Abad (although last time I played there was a bug with the rain not appearing half the time - could only see the splash decals on the ground).

You ought to play Max Payne 2. That's rain/thunder galore. Also, Call of Duty 4 has a map just for you called Downpour.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have Max Payne 2, thanks, but I'm no fan of the Call of Duty games. I've not played Unreal 2 in years, and I don't think I liked it when I did, I played it at a mates and never bother with it again, maybe I'll give it another go (it must be very cheap by now!), but if I remember rightly there are (or were?) no multiplayer bots, despite it being an Unreal game?