Explain your Username

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
What does your Username say about you? What does it mean? What made you chose it?

I chose Lovebug back in 2000 when I first started playing Unreal.
I picked it after hearing about the famous virus called the 'lovebug' which affected over 10 billion people. I thought it sounded cool and its been my username ever since :)

~ Tina

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I was fifteen and needed an aol username (oh god, those days). I read a lot of fantasy back then and, well, dragons are awesome. Only Dragon was taken, and so was Dragonflight and Dragonflite so I ended up with a Dragonfliet, an inversion of a deviation of what I intended. I still use it because, well, no one else, as a general rule, is that dedicated to getting such a silly name.

~Jason

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
At first I was Vortex6 before joining BuF. Then I was Zxanphorian, just something that i keyboard mashed and got rid of nonsensical non-flowing syllables. It just coincidentally included Xan, the UT boss. Nowadays, I usually play as EF5 in games and other things, due to it's simplistic nature, and it is the most powerful tornado category.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
It's a mix of "Rambo" and "bow", the "jo" is inspired by the antagonist from the powerpuffgirls, Mojojojo. I made this name up when I was 4 years old.

It means to fire Rambo shaped arrows from a compound bow of uranium made by Mojojojo.

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
It's a mix of "Rambo" and "bow", the "jo" is inspired by the antagonist from the powerpuffgirls, Mojojojo. I made this name up when I was 4 years old.

It means to fire Rambo shaped arrows from a compound bow of uranium made by Mojojojo.

wow.

Mine is just a name i made up because i wanted something that sounds cool. Later on i found out it sounds quite close to "steward". Nowadays i've been using just STW, shorter version.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
When I started online gaming I was in college. Prior to the purchase of my first pc, I threw parties at my apartment on tri-weekly basis. I used gaming to dry me out lol.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Originally I was Lafnboy. I joined the forums when I was 12... whatcha gonna do. Got heavily into punk groups of the late 70s when I was 14 or 15 and changed it to pretty_vacant, a Sex Pistols song. People started calling me p_v, so I just changed it to the phonetic interpretation: Peavey.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
abyss.jpg

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
I went to the arcades a lot in my youth.
Machines there usually only took 3 letter names in the highscores.

No problem thought I, just use the first three letters of my name.
It kinda stuck from there.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
My original name was D-Stroya, which I used when I was much younger and thought a stylised bastardisation of Destroyer was cool. When I became older and wiser, I decided to change my name to match my main character in the game I was playing at the time, Dark Age of Camelot. There is no story behind the name itself, it just came out of a random name generator.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
This is an entry I posted in the Oldunreal version of this thread, modified for a different audience of course.

Like everyone else on here, I was young (maybe about 12 years old), ignorant, and thought naming everything "killer" was cool. And me being a rabid Unreal fan, I stuck 'Skaarj' at the end because I had no originality, thus making "Killer Skaarj," with the space. Then while playing in an Unreal 1 server, I somehow noticed that my name had an underscore, I don't know where it came from, but that prompted me to go back into the Player Settings menu and put an underscore between Killer and Skaarj. But that wasn't enough for me, because I went ahead and added '@' signs to it to make it "Killer_Sk@@rj." Then over the years as I matured I removed the @ signs, then recently (maybe like 3 years ago) I removed the underscore as well.

I use this nick on most gaming sites and message boards, but more recently I've been using "KronoJovia" for MMOs, which is a malformed portmanteau of the Greek titan Cronus (known as Saturn in Roman mythology) and the Roman King of all Gods Jove, AKA Jupiter. Astronomy FTW.

Fun fact: DeathPax, a well known U1 server admin and leader of the KSA clan, had a modded (and marginally annoying) Skaarj on his server called a Killer Skaarj. Not only that, but his clan, KSA, is short for Killer Skaarj Assassins. Naturally he thought I borrowed the name from him, which made for some pretty awkward moments. :D

Last edited: