UT Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Loving the new screenshots! Do you have an estimated release date for NW3? Also, what modelling program are you using to create the weapons? Looks like milkshape to me.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Do you have an estimated release date for NW3?
Specific date no, but I predict the release to be around December (as perhaps a little Christmas gift, idk :lol:).

Also, what modelling program are you using to create the weapons? Looks like milkshape to me.
Yes, it is MilkShape indeed (the only one with proper UT support and good animation support). :)

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Well, since a few people sugested this, I created a facebook page for Nali Weapons 3:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nali-Weapons-3/162478237101096

I sugest people to use it in case they have any doubt or sugestions, and I will check it more frequently than most forums or even my website/blog.
I already had to say some stuff regarding the new pack 5 times in the same day in different places, and already saw one topic created just to ask when they are going to be released, which doesn't bother me, but might bother the admins having 2 or more topics about the same thing, and since it seems that most people nowadays are more into facebook and such, I created this page.

I will still update this topic here and in the other forums, but at least this way I can answer any question quicker as consider sugestions, plus the question or bug report of 1 person can be the same relative to the rest, and it can be discussed in a better platform than a forum or my website.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
As promissed, another development update: Graviton (which you already saw, no change), Freezer and Vulcan.

GravShot.png

FreezerShot.png

VulcanShot.png

Next update will be done when TheMiner, IRPR and Cybot Launcher get ready (within 1 month, as the Cybots will be quite complex this time, as I will try to do some "cyborgs" and "flying squids" like the ones in Matrix or those planes from Necris on UT3, and also AI tactics, formations, orders, etc).

TheMiner will have a different aproach this time: it will be able to deploy more kinds of mines:
- Sticky Mines;
- Jumper Mines;
- Land Mines;
- Vehicle Mines.

Also I must notice that today I played during about 20 minutes Last Man Standing, in Deck16, with all the ready weapons from NW3, with max settings, with around 15 bots, and without any balancing setting apllied: I could win, but I got pwned by them (twice by being grabbed and tossed against the wall by the Graviton rofl), and there was a bit of spam (again, no balancing applied in this match). However, there wasn't almost any fps drops in the entire match, and when I went to see the log, it was clean regarding any errors, something that not even NW2 was capable off.
So, the myth of "NW3 is heavier than NW2" is a lie, and it's actually the other way around.

Also, I decided the release time to be in December (this year of course), however, there's a very high chance that some of the "NEW" weapons (not the remakes) get released as a bonus pack instead (as this pack can be extended like UT itself can with bonus packs).

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
You know, the freezer made me realize that ballistic weapons is missing one. Ah well, that would have been cool considering all the rest of the weapons have been awesome.

Anyway, back to what I was going to say about this...

I WANT NW3 NAO!

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Well, new UPDATE (The Miner and InfraRed Precision Rifle [IRPR]):

TheMinerShot.png

IRPRShot.png

The Cybot Launcher wasn't even started yet (and it will take a while to be finished, more time than any other weapon actually).

The Miner: This weapon works differently from the previous version, as it has 6 different kinds of mines:
- Attach Mine (aka Sticky Mine, decided to rename it because the previous name wasn't accurate);
- Jump Mine (activated when "untouched", and jumps and explodes);
- Land Mine (this mine digs through the ground itself to deploy, no joke);
- Sea Mine (in land it's quite useless to "deploy", it was specially developed for water environments, as it is "spiky" and it's the only mine which actually floats to the surface);
- Vehicular Mine (powerfull mine made specially for vehicles and such);
- Air Mine (it gets deployed in the air and it's extremelly powerfull);

This is the Vehicular Mine explosion:
VehMineExpl.png

IRPR: Works the same way as before, with some differences: it has a "shooting trace effect" (you see the "laser" go through the walls and objects), the scope is much much better (more realistic), and the scope heat sensing ranges are configurable and are different from "direct view" to "hidden view" (meaning you will have a very short range regarding players you don't actually "see" [on the other side], and a really high range for people you actually see).
Plus, the people you don't see will appear as translucent, so you will know when they are in front of you or hidden.

Right now, the pack has enough progress to replace absolutelly all the weapons in the game, except the melee ones.
Also some more serious tests were made (by playing several matches today with my brother, 1vs1 and MH), and the pack proved once more to be really stable, however after these tests a few more fixes were made and some functions optimized.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Good News and Bad News

GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS

Well, like the title says, I have bad and good news to give, so I will start with the bad ones:

BAD NEWS:

1 - It happens that it's now impossible for me to release this in December.
I really wanted to release this pack this month, since it would be the best time for almost everyone, however it's now impossible due to certain RL stuff (not "issues", but simply lack of time), and since now it doesn't matter anymore the exact month to release, it will be delayed 1 to 3 months, which means that the new public release time will be between January and March of next year.

2 - There's a weapon I won't do anymore: Cybot Order Giver (or something like that). The point of it was to give orders to cybots to make formations, however I thought a bit further on it and I realized it would completelly useless in-game, and complex to do (not the weapon, but the different formations, since it would need somewhat a more advanced AI and quite a strategical knowledge I currently don't have to make such AI [I suck at chess, nuff said lol]).

GOOD NEWS:

1 - The new cybots will be more complex, more intelligent and challenging, and will be visually much more superior (from the transformation to the actual "pawn" movement and animation, or at least should be lol);

2 - This put, I won't release a main version first and then a Bonus Pack later, instead I will release everything all together: remakes and new weapons announced (well, this might be good news or bad news depending on the perspective).

3 - Before the actual public release, I will potentially need to beta-test it first at a private server (mostly because of the NW3 core), which means I will need beta-testers later, which means that some people might be able to try them out before release. Depending on the number of willing beta-testers, I might have to make a selection, or not even do the whole beta-testing alltogether, we will see.

4 - During the beta-testing time (perhaps 1 or 2 weeks before the actual release), I will try to pull out a simple map for the nukes, not just an empty big room, but I will try to pull a nice looking outdoor map for all kinds of gametypes, but I won't promisse anything.

5 - Although I didn't plan to show further updates, as I had to delay the release, I will post some screens or sneaky pics times to times, since all there's left is the cybot launcher, the nukes, some core features, and the BP content (a melee weapon, one or another utility and the ion nuke), so people don't think this mod is inactive or something (otherwise when it gets released people would have already forgot about it like I saw in other people's mods), when is actually quite active in its development. And talking about it, this is the new Cybot Launcher:
CybotLauncherPreview.png

This is all I have to say for now, I hope you all understand (I don't like it this way either, but it has to be this way so the pack fullfills everyone's minimal expectations).

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
So the Cybot Launcher will be like the Glove of Doom from Ratchet and Clank? :D
Somewhat. The difference is, from what I read about that weapon you mentioned, is that my cybots do not explode on contact, some them will rip your head instead and keep alive to rip more heads :lol:

But the new cybots are being quite hard to make (I never animated a pawn in my life, quite annoying actually, but I had to start someday anyway)...

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I think Ratchet and Clank have every single type of gun in some form known to man now.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
That's a shame that it won't be released in December, but I guess I'll have to be patient. Keep up the good work, I look forward to the full release. :)

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
^ Thanks. I am actually getting trouble in having time to do the rest of the mod.
About 75% of it is done (fully playable though: bots wise and multiplayer wise).

But either ways, I am finishing the most difficult cybot: the cybot android (a mini walking robot: it follows you, jumps, dodges, etc, just have to implement the sounds, 2 skins, the melee attack (a sort of small blade) and the medium/long range one (a projectile coming from a "blaster" type of weapon).
This was the very first time I had to code a Pawn from scratch, and do the whole animation set (walking, running, jumping, attacking, etc, 288 frames total), but it ended to be way easier than I thought first, although I found a few unexpected bugs (from the engine itself) along the way, which I fixed/worked around.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
No, lol :lol:

I said "delay to between January or March" in my "bad news", so personally you should expect them March or so.

For now, I only have the rest of the cybots (already finished the android one, the most time consuming one due to the amount of details, specially movement, behaviour, etc), and the rest of the weapons (nukes) left to do (as some mutators and other few addons).

The best I can give right now are a few pics from the actual "mini-android", nothing really special about them, as only a video would be best to show their movement flow and behaviour, so you can't actually see much on these:

CybotEgg.png
CybotRun.png
CybotWait.png

Basically, they follow you around, they have AI support relative to other bots and pawns (the other pawns will attack them if not in the "same team"), cut, jump to give headshots (cut the head off), fire "lasers" of sort to speak, dodge projectiles, jump ledges "smartly", explode somewhat in style when they get killed, etc.

Soon I will post about the rest of the cybots.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
No, lol :lol:

I said "delay to between January or March" in my "bad news", so personally you should expect them March or so.

For now, I only have the rest of the cybots (already finished the android one, the most time consuming one due to the amount of details, specially movement, behaviour, etc), and the rest of the weapons (nukes) left to do (as some mutators and other few addons).

The best I can give right now are a few pics from the actual "mini-android", nothing really special about them, as only a video would be best to show their movement flow and behaviour, so you can't actually see much on these:

CybotEgg.png
CybotRun.png
CybotWait.png

Basically, they follow you around, they have AI support relative to other bots and pawns (the other pawns will attack them if not in the "same team"), cut, jump to give headshots (cut the head off), fire "lasers" of sort to speak, dodge projectiles, jump ledges "smartly", explode somewhat in style when they get killed, etc.

Soon I will post about the rest of the cybots.
They seem to be a little overpowered.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
They seem to be a little overpowered.
Well, the Cybot Launcher is rated "Super Weapon" and not "Normal Weapon" relative to others in Nali Weapons.

Also, even so they're not overpowered, trust me on this: I am not that good as a player, and I can kill them quite easilly (I will have to make them a bit stronger perhaps), they're mostly dangerous at close range:
- You kill them they explode, harming or even killing you;
- In case you do not kill them, they kill you by ripping your head off, cutting you or blasting you off.

At long range, they are much less dangerous, and they don't like water at all lol :lol:

In a short resume: they have lots of ways to kill you, but you have lots of ways to kill them to (and you win the frag, at least in DM matches).