Can't get Battlefield Vietnam to install

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I had to uninstall Battlefield Vietnam and reinstalll it again but I can't. I'm pretty sure I deleted all traces of Battlefield Vietnam from my hardware, including from the registry. I can't find it anywhere in the registry anyways.

I goto install the program and all it does is add itself to the registry again, nothing else.

Anyone that can help me out here? I really wanna play that WWII mod for BFV. :(

you might wanna try deleting anything in the registry thats related to EA (the company) delete all files related to vietnam, and anything with vietnam in it. Some people have this problem, and alot wiped their hard drive to install BFV back again.. you might wanna try the official EA forums for further help though..

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I got rid of everything EA and vietnam, and nothing works. Electronic Arts can go shove this software up their asses, i'm not wiping my hard drive. And asking on the offical forums is a waste of time, I wont get any help there, and EA doesnt have any tech support.

you ran regedit and ctrl_F "BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM" (without quotes) ? delete anything there, also make sure you turn off anti-virus when before installing, if you have an anti-virus program that is.

EDIT: ok ok, i found something, try this:

"Do the following in order to uninstall:
1. Delete the folder (including all sub folders), from where the program was installed. Default is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam
2. Go to "Start", then "Run", then type there "regedit" and hit ok.
3. At the top left side, select "File", then select second choice "EXPORT", you will need to enter a file name (like: RegCopy07142004), and select a folder or c:\ to place your "backup" exported registry. (In case you need to, in case you make a mistake... you can return to the registry and use "Import" to get it back.
4. Under "Edit" hit "find" (Ctrl+F)and type "Battlefield"
5. The 2 folders that will find and you need to delete are: (do not delete any BF1942 if you have it):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Battlefield Vietnam
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu2\Programs\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam
If you search for more "battlefield" it might find some other minor keys you might want to delete or not (not critical to the install).
Try running Disk Defrag as well, then try installing the game again.
Let us know how it worked out."

Last edited:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Thank you for the infomation, I tried it and it still didnt work. I give up. I know a friend that will want it. I just bought this game too a few days ago. Perfectly legit (and I dont normal buy PC software either!) and yet I can't even play it anymore. Way to go electronic arts. :rolleyes:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
lol that is what everyone else is saying. I dont understand this either. But it was made by Dice, the developers behind BF1942 and vietnam. So everyone has this mod and is playing it.

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah I was suckered into buying BFV too. It runs like **** on my somewhat decent rig. I gave up with the game after dealing with all the bugs and sound issues. Really really disapointing game. I love BF42, I just hope that BF2 will be better then this rushed pos garbage they call BFV. Damn you EA.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Define "somewhat decent" PC. I have BFV and it's always ran fine, even on my former athlon xp 1800+ w/ 512 mb ram and Ge Force Ti4200.

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004
Athlon 2000+, 512 megs of ram, Radeon9800pro. Vietnam has a bug with EAX, and when its on, performance gos down the ****ter. The only time vietnam is playable is when everything is set to medium, 1024x768, and 2d **** sound. I cant play a game like BFV in 2d sound. EA really needs to release a patch that fixes all those performance bugs.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
tool said:
Thank you for the infomation, I tried it and it still didnt work. I give up. I know a friend that will want it. I just bought this game too a few days ago. Perfectly legit (and I dont normal buy PC software either!) and yet I can't even play it anymore. Way to go electronic arts. :rolleyes:
damn, that sucks. i was actually thinking about buying bfv, but not anymore. bleh.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I'll either give my copy away to a friend or let it collect dust. Maybe I can trade it for Battlefield 1942, because I know that game will work. I use to have a warez copy of it and reinstall/uninstalled it all the time without problems.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
tool said:
I just bought this game too a few days ago. Perfectly legit (and I dont normal buy PC software either!) and yet I can't even play it anymore. Way to go electronic arts. :rolleyes:

Sounds like payback for not buying all your software..... :lol: