Assualt Rifle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Magwa

Sep 28, 2004
PhatAzz said:
Respect goes both ways bro. Your sarcastic comment didn't exactly sound respectful to me either.

I'm sorry, what are you qualifications to comment on this? Are you in the military too?

I'd rather have someone who's in the military make comments like this to a marine. It's rather presumptive and insulting. These guys protect our way of life.

I don't see how it is an exploit. It coded like it is. This is UNREAL. Sh!t, I shoot rockets at people at long range...but I don't play ranger. Your logic is totally whacked out. The alt assault rifle is useless unless it's a stationary target in u2xmp for the most part.

I shoot rockets at turrets across the map...should I play ranger? Fear, if I snipered out a turret, I'd use up all my ammo. I just don't understand the reasoning behind your thinking there Magwa. And, it's also very patronizing to call people "son".

My qualifications are yes i was in the militry 35 years ago did my time ,police work for 4 years and i have hunted and reloaded and built guns for all my life I have built rifles capable of 4 inch groups at 1000 yards under the correct conditions.

i have fired more live rounds than most people will ever see in their lifetime ,it is what i do.and i give all the respect in the world to the military i am fully aware of what they do and how they do it my father retired from the military i was on bases all over this country.

the whole point of my original post was that the tech is a medium class and that to shoot across the screen as he said is out of balance with the games theme ranger long distance tech medium gunner close that is my opinion.

being that i am 54 years old i can call him son and feel no remore and i am no patronizing him at all just like i call those older than myself grandfather,it is just the way things are.

finnaly if my tone was overboard then i am sorry it was in direct responce to his tone the street runs both ways...i have no problem with anyone expressing their opinions hell that is what the world is all about but most people in these forums have no clue about how guns work nor have they ever been fired at.yes i know it is a game i am not that naive but the principals are based on weapons and how they work.

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view,
and demand that they respect yours.

Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.

Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.

Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend,
even a stranger, when in a lonely place.

Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of
living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.

Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and
robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled
with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for
a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee Nation

[PE] Bender

Used Register
Feb 19, 2004
Terra/Sol
I think the AR is quite good with Version 1a - although i find those Tracers still annoying ;). AR Secondary is as deadly (maybe a bit more) than it used to be and the Primary Fire is good to take out Opponents at close Range who allready got a good beating by the shotty or something else.

harteman

Feb 13, 2004
What is a B modified target? I'm sorry, I'm not a jar head. In the army we shot at human shaped targets, and I know I'd be pretty hard pressed to hit one at 500meters. Were you shooting at a giant bullseye? Maybe you marines were just too 1337? Enlighten me.

Mercenary

>ÐË
Nov 11, 2004
Hartman: The B modified is the human torso and head. And it looks like a grain of sand on the tip of the front site post on the M16A2 at 500m prone.

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
Assault rifle isn´t fine in my opinion. It´s effective range is crappy and damage dealt by single shot is too little. If the with range of projectile is this short meaning that it´s going to land soon then how the hell it is possible for sniper rifle´s bullet to fly direcly to target on all distances. Bullets always draw a parable in the air when shot to distant target. Blah. But the point is that AR loses its important function of providing covering fire and forcing enemy to stay in their positions. Now rangers and gunners can simply run through the firing since it does hardly any damage coz AR seems to be the only weapon (RL too) that cares anything about shields.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
*Newsflash* We are not playing CounterStrike or some other simulated war game :p

Assault rifle is good as it is imo - mainly use it for finishing off people that have been hit 2 or 3 times with a shotgun ;)

On the other hand, the cross hairs (and HUD) are far too big at high resolutions :(

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
well the AR is more like a destraction now. to get some attention from a player.

Last edited: