UTXMP "should" be U2XMP!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
May I just take this opportunity to point out that Cascade (who as far as I know is mostly working on mapping) is extremely peeved off because it seems that too many people moan without saying anything useful.
Please, by all means post, but say something useful.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
He didn't complain. Free monkey --> quit complaining. However, he was unhappy. I'd hate to see the team fall apart before the final is released because the community, to them, seems ungrateful.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
dutch_gecko said:
He didn't complain. Free monkey --> quit complaining. However, he was unhappy. I'd hate to see the team fall apart before the final is released because the community, to them, seems ungrateful.

I highly doubt that's even a possibility. FMI are mature people, they know when and how to ignore idiotic comments. Do they get irritated? I'm sure they do. That's normal. If I were in their shoes, I'd have either shot myself in the head or tossed myself from a highrise by now, so.. Anyways. The problem with the community at the moment, as I personally, see it.. is not the negativity stemming from the beta, it's the blatant bashing of FMI as a whole, or the game as a whole. Most people who do bash it, offer some insight as to why they don't like it or why they are playing u2xmp until it's fixed. That's fine, I'm sure.. and FMI more than likely would appreciate that more than just..

'Well, I'm too lazy to type out why I hate it but suffice it to say that I do!'

Either way, that doesn't happen too much and if you pay close attention, FMI receives a veritable plethora of praise from most of the people who are NEW to this gaming type and community, which is great. I'd say that the good comments and feedback they receive outnumbers the negative, it's just that the vets who disagree with a negative connotation about their beloved FMI and XMP game type glorify the negativity by having a page-eighter about it, bringing it into focus whilst the positivity is lost and drowned out 20 posts down where nobody reads it. There isn't anything wrong with this community, it's not too negative.. it's just too clique-ish from being isolated for so long from having any real 'new' members. And eh, that'll pass I'm sure..

Regardless, the new people seem to like it and the vets are roughly 50/50 on it. Either way this rolls, I'll be seeing new names in servers and I won't recognize 99.8% of every player from now on, so it's a good thing to me :tup:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
dutch_gecko said:
May I just take this opportunity to point out that Cascade (who as far as I know is mostly working on mapping) is extremely peeved off because it seems that too many people moan without saying anything useful.
Please, by all means post, but say something useful.
Exactly. :tup:

I mean, how often do you get a developer (albeit an "amateur" free mod developer) actually saying "hey, tell us what problems you're having AND WE WILL FIX THEM"? Don't blow it.

[LNS]ICovetYourChild

=vÐ=ICovetYourChild
Feb 2, 2004
/goes to write a long convoluted multi-quote essay...

Hrmm, looks like EVERYONE ON BUF beat me too it...

whatever...

/goes to play utxmp...

Last edited:

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
[LNS]ICovetYourChild said:
/goes to write a long convoluted multi-quote essay...

Hrmm, looks like EVERYONE ON BUF beat me too it...

whatever...

/goes to play utxmp...

I love Covet more than I love taffy.

Spacelord (GER)

Apocalypse Dude
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
UTXMP should be & and is FMI`s baby.
In my opinion we do a damn seedy job to critizise and complain about every piece of shi* . Yes most vets want their U2xmp back - and yes (weapon) balancing is important and the wrong component to tune at.
Without FMI we would still play u2xmp with crappy bugs, h4xs, fakers pp.
A dying game with a dying community.
1 thread bout "ty fmi" - 100 threads about :nag: - and in what kind of manner...omg.
Those guys who said "stfu" in several threads before are quite right.
Do you think FMI don`t get the clue without you 'kewl beta tester' ?
What a better time to make experiments than in the beta?

Show more respect and gratitude.
FMI are not our henchmen!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.