CTF4 for UT2004!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Rabbit!

I'm so Cute it's Disgusting!
CTF4 is SO COOL! It's a challenge to try and cap 3 flags. Sheesh it's like 15 guys blasting away at ya. Your lucky just to get to midpoint. It's forces ya to incorperate more teamwork and some tactics. It's neat! Totally Rabbit neat!

The Rabbit! :D

Tez

Feb 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Dark Pulse said:
The Flag Issue is because the Green and Gold Flags use the Blue Flag FallbackTexture on accident. Oops.

Basically, if your card isn't powerful enough to render Shaders (GF4 ti4200 for example) it will revert to the Fallback Texture... which in this case is the Blue Flag Texture.

This will be incorporated in an upcoming patch to fix it. Until then, not much you can do unless you have a better card...

I have a G4 card, so that must be why... Thanks for the info. I don't mind waiting for the patch now that I know what the problem is.

Nov 8, 2004
Hamilton, New Zealand
A suggestion.

MultiCTF had the flag Elimination mode thing. I see that CTF4 for UT2004 also does. But there is one additional option that MultiCTF added, and this is when a team has been eliminated, they are redistributed into the remaining teams. This was an awesome option to play as you sorta had to fight not to be kicked out, but then if you did get kicked out, you can still play, and capture. Having teams with no flags pisses me off as they are doing nothing other than being a pain.

MultiCTF Readme ;p[/quote said:
- Flag Elimination - A team that has reached the score limit will no longer have a flag! That team can no longer capture flags or be captured on.

- Team Elimination - A team that reaches the score limit is eliminated. The players can continue playing, but once they are killed they become spectators. Note that activating this will also activate Flag Elimination.

- Rejoin Teams - A team that reaches the score limit is eliminated. The players on that team, once killed, automatically join another team and continue playing. Note that activating this will also activate Team Elimination.

These are 3 different modes to play. I believe that 1 of them is there, namely the flag elimination. I recommend that a these should be added in the next update.

Or perhaps they are and im just not looking hard enough?

Besides that, this is awesome. Really classic. A couple maps I don't really like, but the majority is great. Oh I have a GF4200Ti and it renders everything fine. Just got one showstopper when I was starting a lan game against my brother. Just slected a map, then it was about to start and pow. Crash.

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-09-07_17.17]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1832 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X (5672)

General protection fault!

History: ULevel::BuildRenderData <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Joust <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Oh and 1338 PLEASE convert sledgehammer :)

And Renegade I had an average dl speed of 5.0kb/s...I was stoaked!

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
meeekael said:
Besides that, this is awesome. Really classic. A couple maps I don't really like, but the majority is great. Oh I have a GF4200Ti and it renders everything fine. Just got one showstopper when I was starting a lan game against my brother. Just slected a map, then it was about to start and pow. Crash.
Did it do that repeatedly or just one time? Sometimes the game DOES crash, you know. :p

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Problem, rather big...

Yeah, uhh, when i connect to any server running antiTCC (not sure which versions) it either disconnects me or bans me. Fairly annoying as you might guess. [screenshot attached]
It only started happening after i installed CTF4. I have so far been banned from 3 servers, including my own clan's server. Is this the mod's problem or antiTCC's problem?
Well whatever it is, its stopping me from playing on my favourite servers...has it happened to anyone else?
Also, if I delete the file it doesn't like, will CTF4 still run? cos it is a rather quality game... :)

Attachments

• atccproblem.jpg
    atccproblem.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
SharKTanK said:
Change your announcer back to one of the defaults. I had this problem, but changing to a default seems to fix it :)
Quoted for truth. After installing CTF-4 (no default announcer change), I was able to connect and play perfectly. But then I only changed the announcer voice (to see if it really was that problem), and it kicked me at the beginning of the next match.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Yeah, that's an announcer pack.

Dunno why it's triggering for you; I've played on a couple AntiTCC Servers and it doesn't kick me at all.

I'll report that as a bug; we'll hopefully get that fixed. If there's anything we can do about it, that is. :/

Last edited:

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
Hyrulian Hero said:
This is why AntiTCC SUCKS!!
It kicks/bans for frivolous things like voicepacks and announcerpacks :mad:
I'm glad we don't have that at FragBU

also, client checks are very unwelcome as they cause immense lag... and seriously, is it really worth it to not have great custom material just so some dude doesent cheat? i mean i have never seen a cheater, i think most people are smart enough to realize if they get caught theyll never play again...

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
CTF4 is pointless to play when #3 and #4 scoring leaders are too far behind to catch up with players dropping from server.It just becomes a regular ctf match with teams #1 and #2 grabbing flags unopposed.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
I'm not the kind of guy to complain about stuff, but it seems I underestimated an issue I mentioned about a month ago:
Taleweaver...about a month ago said:
Well...it would be a good idea to have some kind of trigger that automatically adds auto-skill-adjusting bots to even out the team every time a player joins/leaves...One person less can be crucial in this gametype :shy:

What has just happened: I decided to play some CTF-4 on the only decently-pinging server with ppl on it (unfortunately instagib, but you can't have everything). The first few matches were quite good: every team had 2 or 3 players, and the skill gap wasn't that big.

But somewhere on the third match, I noticed the teams were 3vs4vs3vs2...Our team (gold) was obviously disadvantaged, so I asked a blue to change teams. They didn't reply...or you should count 3-player assaults on our base as a response.

When I re-asked, green replied to STFU...They had 2 players now as well, and they managed to cap 3 flags (before their third player left,but that's a detail). Blue still didn't reply while they were swarming through our base. Red and blue were leading by about 7 and 4, while we were still at 0 (hey, our flag was barely captured or the next team was standing in line to pick it up).

I can't blame my teammate for leaving...So now the teams looked like this:
[SCREENSHOT]http://users.skynet.be/golden_dragon/ctf4.JPG[/SCREENSHOT]
and still no one decided to change teams. Parrais told the blues to even out, but alas...no one listened.

To be honest: there joined a new player who joined my team, and the teams became somewhat equal again (if you didn't look at the scores). That would have been bearable, if it wasn't for the ending. Yes...blue happily said 'gg' as though nothing happened. :mad:

In conclusion: it's a good mod, but I'm throwing it off my HD if the next version doesn't enforce equal sized teams (preferrably with a way that automatically adds/removes bots to make it into a multiple of 4).

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
bah, dont let one bad game ruin an entire mod for ye bro, so you joined a server with a buncha pricks, happens to alot of us... if that happens, just shrug it off, and just forget about the score and kill some people, until a new game starts and the teams get remade :p I personally think your taking it a little over the edge threatening to throw the mod off of your hard drive because of an experience in a pub...

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Hey I was on the serv with you Taleweaver, obviously before that though. Instagib CTF4 is not as fun as regular, but whatever.

When I left all of the teams were fairly even player wise, and I noticed you switched to my team during CTF4-Crash to help balance things out (since we sucked :D)

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Old Gil said:
bah, dont let one bad game ruin an entire mod for ye bro, so you joined a server with a buncha pricks, happens to alot of us... if that happens, just shrug it off, and just forget about the score and kill some people, until a new game starts and the teams get remade :p I personally think your taking it a little over the edge threatening to throw the mod off of your hard drive because of an experience in a pub...
Wise words, Gil. On other gametypes, it doesn't bother me. Bad experience? Bye everyone, I'll find a server that has some better players.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of 4 teams, balancing becomes twice as hard as with regular '2 teams'. And I'm affraid that if these issues don't become addressed, people will experience similar problems and stop playing the gametype alltogether (a good chance some already stopped playing it). And with this gametype just released, it still has to build up an online fan basis.

@ignition: that was when the games were still equal. It turned sour in the next map. And TBH: I didn't knew you were on green there. I just noticed green still had zero points, checked the scoreboard and saw that your team had 2 players (all others had 3)...so I figured you could use an extra person.

OverloadUT said:
I'll be adding some sort of "Bots Balance Teams" option in the next version.
Thank you...Thank you so much :notworthy:

Nov 8, 2004
Hamilton, New Zealand
Just finished hacking away at some bots for an hour or so. Good fun. Crossroads is a truely excellent level, and with the inclusion of subtraction..well...it pretty much spells fun.

Great mod. Oh to DP yea, it only happpened once, just posting it because I can really...I mean, if the same thing occurs...then you hae a problem, every bit of feedback helps :)

MasterOfPoppets

Pesky Little Trites
Apr 9, 2004
England
Great mod, easily worth the largish download (for a gametype at least).

Just had a great match against some bots on CTF4-Crash, and I managed to get all three flags at once! Now that's something to get the blood pumping when your travelling back to your base :D