Whats eye are see and how do I get it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
No, seriously, does anyone know of any good IRC clients? I haven't used IRC since the days of the 486.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
You mean the one everyone uses-mIRC?

Damn machine pistols wasting forum space!

Why doesn't anyone post Google.com to questions like these anymore? :p

Last edited:

Steyr

and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
Wow, you mean there's no new cool experimental clients or anything, it's still all mIRC?

We used mIRC back in the days of the 486...

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
You have two real options:
mIRC if you are just a casual user who may want to grab some **** with DCC or chat on multiple servers.
X-Chat if you refuse to use mIRC, feel the need to pretend you are 1337/unique, or are an admin and run a crapload of scripts that you yourself wrote in a way that you can't port them to mIRC.

Steyr

and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
Well, I don't wanna be all conformist, so I'm gonna go against all your advice and use ChatZilla, cause firefox is t3h w1n.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
lolz... That's what I use cause I hardly get on irc anyways and I don't need any special options when I do and I don't want a separate program wasting shortcut space! :mad:

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
mIRC but they charge 20 bucks after a free 30 day trial.

Quake Server #ut3 has about 500+ people in it last time I saw, but normally the chat is as dead as a door nail. It's like that for most channels but not all of them. For instance #fragbu ect.

Steyr

and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
Fixed for truth.

Memory is 4 fags lol

Edit: just thought I'd post my regular memory usage lol
memoryhogszo6.jpg

And the funny thing is I only have 2 gigs of memory now.

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I use XChat, the unofficial Silverex build, since the official Windows builds are now shareware.

Here's the site for that: http://www.silverex.org

Oh, and just for kicks, here's my process list sorted by memory usage; highlighted on the list is XChat:
taskmanmq9.png

Btw Steyr: I'd recommend you switch to uTorrent for your BitTorrent needs. Azureus is so bloated, and partly due to the fact that it's written in Java. As you can see in my list, uTorrent is barely using about 9MB of RAM.

Also: I love how people like to censor their names and all. :p

Last edited: