Knesset law barring citizenship to Palestinian spouses

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Was suprised when I saw this one:
Under new legislation, Arabs from the occupied territories may no longer join their spouses in Israel.

Arab legislators say the law's origins predate the suicide bombing cited as justification for the legislation, and reflect an effort to preserve a clear Jewish majority over Arabs.

"This has nothing to do with security. The idea is to reduce the number of Arabs in Israel," Azmi Bishara, an Arab legislator, said during a Knesset debate.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0808/p06s03-wome.html
The strange thing is that I didn't see it on the frontpages of the newsites I usually visit. I would think such a racist and discriminatory law would deserve at least some attention..

Also note that only about 20 israel-arabs out of 130 000 are considered to have participated in attacks against Israel.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Spier said:
Was suprised when I saw this one
why are you surprised?
don't you understand how hard it is to drive a country into the ground, and erode the popular support that has flourished for over 30 years. the israeli leaders get up early. and don't go to bed until they have made some very poor decisions

for some reason. these penny arcade quote works pretty well here :p

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
A lot of countries make it hard for your spouse to get citizenship. Our immigration laws aren't really much nicer, especially not when considering how much some nationalities are disliked here. You seldom hear of any immigration troubles where westerners are concerned, but when it comes to people from former East Bloc countries... Your new spouse can always apply for citizenship, but he can't stay in Finland while doing so! Back home to the filthy place you came from! Yah! Yah! Beg our nice immigration bureaucrats like you and let you return soon! Getting through the red tape will often take a year or more.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
I can understand them being all siege mentality at the moment.

People blowing themselves up in an effort to take your citizens with them often has that effect on people.

I am bored of Israel and Palestine. They're like Itchy & Scratchy only tragic and stupid instead of funny.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Its already illegal to have a non-nationalist Israeli view in the Knesset, and Arabs have marks on their license plates to identify them much like the Jews had to wear the star of David in Nazi germany. Nothing really very new.