Best taunts from the UT series that should be put in the expansion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
A lot of UT3 taunts actually originated in UC2, Necris and Liandri taunts especially. I much preferr the original verison of "My blood is black" but since UT3 lacks UC2's victim taounts (taunts for when you had gotten fragged) they couldn't have used it like that.

I couldn't stand most of the Juggernaut or Nightmare taunts.

The worst I've heard, though, was "You will make an excellent protien cube..."

"I hunger" makes more sense when the Necris are vampiric, but it references blood lust and a desire for violence and destruction, which makes perfect sene with the Necris.
Need to go play UC2 again...

keaukrine

Sep 26, 2004
Ukraine
keaukraine.narod.ru
I'd like to see some game type related taunts as well.

Something like: "Try healing your core next time!" "You call that orb running!?" "What the hell is our orb carrier doing!?" (So that players don't have to bother typing this). And I definitely hope we get Malcolm's "That's my flag, bitch!" :D And I agree, we need laughing taunts for all the characters.

UT2004 has some CTF-related voice messages that bots actually use. For example, I've heard Skaarj bot saying "Someone get our flag back" when he was in our base and flag was in enemy's base.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
"I hunger" makes more sense when the Necris are vampiric, but it references blood lust and a desire for violence and destruction, which makes perfect sene with the Necris.
Need to go play UC2 again...
Indeed, I just think they should've made it more apparent by either prolonging the taunt like Kazimira said or replacing it by something less cliched.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
If you are on a full Necris team in single player you actualy hear alot more than you do fighting them in UT3. I'm guessing thay actualy have taunts when fraged. The extras i've herd are "So cold..." From Akasha and chracters that take her voice and "Kill me all you want!" from Loque and characters with that voice. The taunts could have been much more clear. I read up on UC2 so I knew about Necris being like vampires. In UT3 theres no hint of this so the taunt makes less sence.

«MechikTaj»

lolol First blood betrayals
UT2004 has some CTF-related voice messages that bots actually use. For example, I've heard Skaarj bot saying "Someone get our flag back" when he was in our base and flag was in enemy's base.

Yep, bots in UT3 do the same; and they're pretty good since they also say things like "Enemy flag carrier going low/going high/near the blue base/midfield" etc... The robot voice says: "Begin search routine" female Necris says "Somebody get our flag back" etc... The problem is that they're not accessible by us. :(

And yeah, there are a lot of extras that you can hear in the Editor, like the weapon specific ones, but again, only bots can use them... I can think of a few that I'd constantly spam... Gahgahgahgahgahgah-goooooooo :D

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
The female Necris seems to be missing that voice I think i'm not shrue I'll adjust one bot I know will be on the other team to be harder to hit then mess with a few things and see if I can coax it out of her.

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
No wait those are stupid taunts. Epic lets drop all this pretentiousness and get back to the "Squeal Boy, Squeal".

+1

More "I just blasted you away hahaha" comments
Less "I'm so frickin awesome, bow down to me" comments.

UT taunts were just.. funny, like it was jaunting between competitors. I found them kind of amusing. I hate UT3 taunts, even the one's I kind of like!

Last edited:

thinsoldier

Jul 30, 2008
what ever happened to flak monkey? was it flak monkey? I don't remeber this "flak master" they have now

Fayte

Jul 11, 2009
"Incoming!"
"Try Turning the Safety off!"
"You like that?"
"Stronger, Faster, Better..."
"Line 'em up! Knock 'em Down!"

My favourate (although not technically a taunt... but it should be) from UT3:

"It looks like Flag, It moves like Flag...
It's a Flag..."

~Othello on Field Lattice Generators... Or FLaGs