The GD Server/EAS- What would you like to see...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
I was in Europe when the scopes were on, didn't get a chance to play it.

hmmm.... an interesting idea I had.....what if defenders took a longer time to respawn, but after the overtime period they take a shorter time to respawn then attackers. muttie perhaps?

NT, for all your campaigning for two respawns, last night it seemed like every time you got on GD, as soon as you died you declared "aww now I have to wait x minutes for the map to end, I'm out of here" and went to the TDM server. how are these settings going to populate the server when their main advocate is driven off the server in frustration by them?

Last edited by a moderator:

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
On the new settings issue: I think at this point in the game, we should be trying to maximize (within reason) people's play time during matches on our server, not mimimize play time. That is especially true now, when there are new "toys" to be tried out. It is exceedingly frustrating with only 2 lives and no reinforcements. No one really wants to die only twice and then sit there for god knows how long before the next map. This discourages noobs and does not contribute to people learning the maps or getting to know the weapons. More lives may not be realistic, but neither is more than one. Another argument to that might be to play off line if you want to learn maps and weapons. While that may be good enough for some disturbed recluses, INF has NO single player game worth playing and we all know that most of the fun of INF is playing against and with real people.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Snake13 said:
I was in Europe when the scopes were on, didn't get a chance to play it.

hmmm.... an interesting idea I had.....what if defenders took a longer time to respawn, but after the overtime period they take a shorter time to respawn then attackers. muttie perhaps?

NT, for all your campaigning for two respawns, last night it seemed like every time you got on GD, as soon as you died you declared "aww now I have to wait x minutes for the map to end, I'm out of here" and went to the TDM server. how are these settings going to populate the server when their main advocate is driven off the server in frustration by them?

If you took the time to read any of my posts you would have your answer. Im not gonna answer again. :rolleyes:

I see Ghost didnt read my post either. So ill just retire from the thread since ppl wanna be heard but not hear.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
The best way to get people lots of playing time, but still value their lives is to give lots of reinforcments but long wave times. It is much easier to wait for 90 sec to respawn because you can watch the timer count down. People usually leave when they run out of lives and are faced with waiting until the end of the round which could be a long time...

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Okay Peeps!

GD Server Settings:
Attackers gets 10 Spawns
Defenders get 6 at Startup, then after 60% of the Map you get 4 more.

There is a 90 Second Timmer and Beppo's NewWave is running. If I did it right this time there will be a MAX 2 minute wait. So, if you die and your counter starts at or under 30 seconds, it will reset to 90 seconds.

Yurch's BulletSounds4 is now RUNNING on the server too. See the THIS THREAD for information about this mutator.

Note: Map times need adjustments (and so do some cammos). NT and I will be working on this soon(TM).

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
{GD}NTKB said:
Yeah that was a kick ass time last night I think thats the best settings ive ever played EAS. It was exciting enough to play cause I didnt want to wait 1.5- 2 minutes to play from dying (actually a shorter time to wait then in TDM and DTAS most of the time) and I wasnt bored cause I knew I would always get to play more. Awsome settings I think we hit it on the nails head this time!

I still think Odie should put a message stating that you can press F5 when dead to view other teammates. it beats the hell out of looking at a wall at your spawn. naturally some players will be chatty when dead and thats cool but some like to spectate more.

I have have a "Server Text" display Press F5 through out the round. But that would get on your nerves I think after a few times [or rounds]. If I make it just display at the begining then only players that started the round would see it.

I would put it into the server information text (under the GD logo at start up) but I think people do not even read that.

So, which one would you like to see?

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Can you cutomize the length of time in between displays? If so I think once every 5-6 minutes should be good. I think that would work best. BTW ill be loggin on in like 1 hour to review all the maps and give you camo/time suggestions. Ill PM you on the forums the suggestions ;)

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Okay, just about every cammo has been changes and a number of map times have been adjusted.

Thanks to NT for the help!

I also got server messages going with use F5 to view team mates and that GD is using a Hitbox mutator.

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Minor changes to GD server.

Re-spawn is now 75 seconds and the counter will restart if your counter starts below 35.

Added a server add with Re-Spawn infor and it repeats a little more.

Removed 2 reinforcements on both sides. Attackers get 8, Defenders get 6 with 2 more 70% into the map (or 30% into the map if I did it wrong - LOL).

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
{GD}Odie3 said:
Re-spawn is now 75 seconds and the counter will restart if your counter starts below 35.
This was not working correctly last night [re-start of the counter] and it was suggest to take it to 60 seconds, while others said 90 was okay. So I shaved off 15 seconds and tested the restart counter % today [which was not very easy].

{GD}Odie3 said:
Added a server add with Re-Spawn infor and it repeats a little more.
Seemed we where explaining the counter restarting at lot so I added this line. Also, since the messages are now in the Chat box no one seemed to mind when I asked if it should repeat more.

{GD}Odie3 said:
Removed 2 reinforcements on both sides. Attackers get 8, Defenders get 6 with 2 more 70% into the map (or 30% into the map if I did it wrong - LOL).
Very rarely did anyone die 6 times and I do not recall anyone with 7 deaths at the end of a round. This should have little or no effect unless someone is just running up jhadi'ing with nades. Also, this might help Attackers have a better chance if the Defenders have to wait for their last 2 reinforcments (assuming any defenders even go through 6 lives).

With the Map times between 10~15 mintues, I do not think anyone will run out of lives. I just put in a small chance for the Attacker Team to lock a win will a well plain attack or if the Defenders are rushing rather than protecting their objectives.

If my idea proves to be incorrect, I'll bump up the reinforcements back to Attacker 10, Defenders 8 w/ 2 (which last nights settings where incorrect since Defenders got 8 w/4).