Unreal 2 - worth getting?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
LOL get 'em Indy!

Anyway, funk, I would also recommend getting a copy of Painkiller. The multiplayer isnt that impressive (fun, but laggy)...however, the single player is AWESOME. (Especially the last level...its awe inspiring).

Nothing against Unreal, just felt like plugging the game I've been playing this past week (well, replaying for the third time :p)

Apathy

The original
Apr 16, 2004
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Xaero said:
LOL get 'em Indy!

Anyway, funk, I would also recommend getting a copy of Painkiller. The multiplayer isnt that impressive (fun, but laggy)...however, the single player is AWESOME. (Especially the last level...its awe inspiring).

Nothing against Unreal, just felt like plugging the game I've been playing this past week (well, replaying for the third time :p)

Painkiller is 10x the fun that Unreal2 was, and I'm just on the second level, just beat that swamp boss thingy, took me forever to figure that one out lol

old_man_funk

vanilla
Feb 17, 2004
UK
Yeh, I actually enjoyed the Painkiller SP demo but I think I might still choose U2. It all really depends on the price and what kinda mood I'm in when I go to the shops :p

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Didn't like the sp game much. Nice grphics. Pretty good monsters. Dumb storyline ( but then they don't exactly hire the James Joyce types to write this stuff) and the video cutaways are annoying. XMP IS the ****. and despiite all the roundup Atardi can spray on it I still see this tenatious little weed rising above the cracks.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
what i hated most when playing unreal2, was the messed up dodging.

in UT the dodge works like '2m left and 1m high' ... in unreal2 it feels like '0.5m left and 2m high'

Status
Not open for further replies.