Speed of Weapon Shots...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
Does anyone have any real, hard data for how fast the different weapon shots go? This info isn't in the UT bible....

Obviously enforcer, sniper and minigun are hitscan, but the rest have a finite travel speed ... how do these speeds compare both to each other and to the running speed?

I'm not sure, but I think x-loc and deemer are slowest, shock primary is fastest...

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
pulse secondary, shock primary, sniper, mini, enforcer are all hitscans. there is animation so you can see some of the shots but the actual shot is instant hit.

as for the rest, i dont know the numbers, sorry ;)

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by rhakka
pulse secondary, shock primary, sniper, mini, enforcer are all hitscans. there is animation so you can see some of the shots but the actual shot is instant hit.

as for the rest, i dont know the numbers, sorry ;)

pulse is not hit scan

shock is not hit scan,but very close

mini is not hitscan,but very close

the sniper and enforcer are clearly hitscan

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by Ice Lord

pulse is not hit scan

shock is not hit scan,but very close

mini is not hitscan,but very close

the sniper and enforcer are clearly hitscan

wrong, on two counts.

Shock primary IS hit scan.

Mini IS hit scan. It throws out slower, non-hitscan tracer rounds every 1-5 shots, but it is hitscan. Also it works on the same principle (and ammo) as the enforcer so how can one be hitscan and the other not?

To prove the shock is a hitscan weapon: go to a botmatch with 0 bots. Go to Deck 16. Go to the corridor with the Flak, the Sniper rifle and the 5 health vials between two crates.

Go to the Sniper Rifle and aim at the wall where the Flak is. Fire the Shock primary then immediately hit your "playersonly" key. [edit] You'll need to set up a key. in the console, type without quotes, "set input x playersonly" replacing x with any key. [/edit] This should freeze the beam in place. Run down to that wall and check out the scorch mark that should be there now. It is hitscan but the beam animation throws a lot of people off.

As for the Pulse Secondary, well I never tried that yet. I never thought if it was hitscan or not.

[IsP]KaRnAgE

You Can Be My Wingman
Jul 24, 2001
The Highway to the Danger Zone
the best way to see if it is hitscan or not is while in playersonly mode, fire at a bot. It the wep hits a bot in this mode, then the shot is hitscan. If the shot gets suspended in air, then it is not hitscan.

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
i was going to go in front of it after firing and then turn playersonly off or hiting the end of ctf-face then go to where it "hit" with it on playersonly mode and fly mode,the minigun is hard to test because you can't fire it in playersonly mode

Last edited:

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by Nemephosis

wrong, on two counts.

Shock primary IS hit scan.

Mini IS hit scan. It throws out slower, non-hitscan tracer rounds every 1-5 shots, but it is hitscan. Also it works on the same principle (and ammo) as the enforcer so how can one be hitscan and the other not?

To prove the shock is a hitscan weapon: go to a botmatch with 0 bots. Go to Deck 16. Go to the corridor with the Flak, the Sniper rifle and the 5 health vials between two crates.

Go to the Sniper Rifle and aim at the wall where the Flak is. Fire the Shock primary then immediately hit your "playersonly" key. [edit] You'll need to set up a key. in the console, type without quotes, "set input x playersonly" replacing x with any key. [/edit] This should freeze the beam in place. Run down to that wall and check out the scorch mark that should be there now. It is hitscan but the beam animation throws a lot of people off.

As for the Pulse Secondary, well I never tried that yet. I never thought if it was hitscan or not.
ok,so i was wrong,it looks like it was and i remember "dodging a minigun bullet" before (must have been a miss anyways) the beams and bullets were what threw me off

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Trust me, you are NOT the first to be thrown off by it. You definitely won't be the last. :)

Interesting though: in playersonly mode you can fire the Shock Rifle as many times as you can before all those beams firing at once crash your system.... but you can only shoot the Enforcer once, and the Mini not at all.

You can also multi-fire the Sniper Rifle. I always thought this strange!

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by EternalSpark
THe flak and ripper allow shots during playersonly mode. Its actually rather beautful to make a cyllander of rippers and go into slomo .01 mode and 'unfreeze' 'em.

i did that a few times,one time i did it with the rl