Great Movie/Game Soundtracks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Movies: no idea, but I guess Tron Legacy and Inception

Games: anything from Konami, UT3, U1, Fallout 1 & 2, Descent 2 remixes, Tribes 2, Guilty Gear series

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Things that people haven't mentioned yet:

Games:

Hackers
The Hours
Black Hawk Down
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Top Gun (it's cheesy, but I don't care)
The Social Network
Mortal Kombat (movie)
The Lord of the Rings (the only thing Howard Shore ever did well)
Lemony Snicket's... (I would here also include everything else Thomas Newman has done up to Wall-E, but "Drive Away" on this ST is my favorite ever)
Lost in Space
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Matrix Reloaded (the first one is pretty good too, but the Juno Reactor addition is to die for)
Miami Vice (Michael Mann version)

Games:

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Wipeout XL
Halo (I you don't like this soundtrack, you are dead inside)
Jet Set Radio Future
Rez

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Lost in space had a great soundtrack: The Crystal Method, Vegas. Hackers did too...

I already mentioned the WipEout series. Chaos Theory was great. I pretty much agree with that whole post.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The entire Halo series has awesome music.
Gears of War as well.
Advent Rising has great music.
UT3 has a good soundtrack with some retro remixes.
If you are interested in game soundtracks, the Video Games Live CD is awesome. Lots of amazing remixes in there.

For movies, Inception, Dark Knight (okay, I admit I like Hans Zimmer. Get over it).
National Treasure
Kung Fu Panda

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
For movies, Inception, Dark Knight (okay, I admit I like Hans Zimmer. Get over it).

Nothing to get over. He may produce a billion soundtracks a year, but many of them are damned good. I'm not as huge of a fan of the Batman STs personally (they're great for the film but don't appeal to me out of context), but Zimmer himself is freaking awesome. BHD is merely my favorite of his things.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah, that is a good one, too. The Batman soundtracks you are right about, they are a bit too "ambient", but they have some good parts. Inception is awesome, though. There are some almost "video game"-ish music in there.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Inception
Blade Runner
Perfect Storm
Star Trek: First Contact
Fight Club
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

I have all these on CD except for Inception

Give me time I'm sure I can throw a few more in there....... :)

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I really don't know, so many games and movies have good soundtracks. I've been avoiding this thread. :crysmile:

I'd just post the obvious memorable movies or my favorite games like some Squaresoft titles or Fallout 1/2, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, UT, Diablo, ect.

I guess this hasn't been posted yet.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bL7I_eWryI[/M]

Apparently Fallout wasn't posted either? The music is one of the factors that basically makes the first two games. So unnerving and atmospheric.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpgphEhyYNs[/M]

Oh yeah, how could I forget Diablo. I won't post the obvious Tristram theme.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v829LHb4ys[/M]

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Shame I don't listen to the music in games at all. I've played most of the games in this thread but I don't know any of these game soundtracks. :)

I forgot:

The Day After Tomorrow

This is one OST I've been meaning to get.

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
Pulp Fiction, Dirty Dancing & Grease are my favs!

Plus you cant beat some old Wizard of Oz :D

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjXY_-PUbo&feature=related[/M]