Bombing Gibs!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nali Legacy

Bringer of bacon
Oct 3, 2005
Israel
I dunno if i'm the first to do this but i found a new gametype that combine's strategy and exploading gib's, all you gotta do is go to bombing run then into the mutator list and select the arena mutator then you go into the configure mutator's menu and in the arena select shield gun then the fun really start's!
the objective is the same as in bombing run get the most points to win the game but it's harder now with only shield gun's, now i thought of two kind's of player's defence and ofence, when a defence player you walk ahead of the ball carrier and use the right mouse button to make a shield then when other player's of the other team come to frag him you try and deflect there attack's, now when on ofence you run ahead of the ball carrier again this time you hold your left mouse button to create a attack melee thingy and keep holding it untill you see the enemy's coming to take the ball when you get close to an enemy while holding the left mouse button it will automatically release the melee attack thingy and kill the enemy so the ofence is to kill the enemy's trying to take the ball, try it it's really fun! :) oh and try playing this online cause it's kinda tricky with bots

Last edited by a moderator:

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
ummm....no.

You just need two people to work together. One gets the ball, the other shield jumps to the enemy base and waits for the pass. Bam, 7 points. Plus it's almost impossible to stop a ballcarrier who knows what he's doing when all you have is a shield gun. The only way is if someone coded it so one shield gun hit did full damage, and a shield jump did less damage so defense could catch up.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Mmmmm... gibs.

Seriously, though, any decent player can outmanoeuvre people trying to get at him with shieldguns.

I can imagine this: Ball carrier throws the ball up, shielddodges forward, and catches the ball. Huge distance covered there.

Nali Legacy

Bringer of bacon
Oct 3, 2005
Israel
Well if all the people try and chase the ball carrier it won't work there should be a couple of people that stay in the base area and try and take the ball, and in this case of defending a base some guy could stay near the goal and usually people will try and get more points by running into the goal but the player blocking the goal could run up to him and kill him with one hit and it's possible when you load the shield gun primery to the end