New map thema ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
A dried up ocean bed that has sunken wrecks,ancient technology and the fossilised remains of gigantic creatures everywhere,

or else a ONS/conquest map that requires you to take control over several nali sky islands each with a village,

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
In addition of cultural thema, i would enjoy to have some maps with a weapon thema if i can describe it so.

For instance I would like to play on a map or arena where you could play with your rocket launcher only and where you could either shot directly at your opponent or over your opponent's head to make the boulders fall onto him.

Another example to explain my wish quite clearly:
A map or an arena designed for the flak. I think that some mirrors could be a nice way to use the ability of the flack to shot around corners and to see what is around a corner. After a while the mirrors that have been shot a lot by flacks could loose their reflective function or could just be destroyed... and why not having some mirrors to reflect the shock beams or the link shoots? that could just give some "billiard" oriented map if the arena is designed for link and shock only.
i think that the potential of mirrors can be interesting: hide behind a mirror and the only way to get hit (once the mirror destroyed) would be with a minigun, a rocket launcher, a sniping rifle... While goo would not affect it and all the laser/light inspired weapons would just be reflected with a danger to hurt the one who shot.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
A good mix of various maps would be cool. Nice forest withs waterfalls (guess were 99% of the mapers would place the redeemer... *lol*), or icelands, underwater in gigantic glass, maps in space are also great. Real funny are the maps were the players are as small as toysoldirs and battle it out in the batch while hiding behind the yellow duck :lol:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
A thing like the fortress of solitude in the superman movies, made out of crystals and ice,
but not like the ice tomb map in UT2k4,

it would be partially destructable, and falling crystal icycles could impale enemies

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
it would be cool if some beams or lightning shots could enter ice and exit it with a different angle just like in a prism. then ice could be destroyed by bullets and rockets but would not be affected by light /laser based weapons