UT2004 CTF-AnubisWaterGarden

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

miguelsilveira

... i like swords...
Jul 14, 2004
Portugal
www.freewebs.com
UT2004 CTF-AnubisWaterGarden (Alpha -/-)

Well guys..IM BACK! And with more adren than ever... :lol:
So... can you give me some feedback? I started this map in ut2003 but i lost it until ut2004 arrived and ive had some lessons since ons-dehydro that really make me rethink all my mapping process, now i really want to get a good review so i was hoping for you guys helping me, oky? :D

This is the thing... the map is based in egypcian arquitecture and is suposed to be made by 2 simetrical bases devide for 3 bridges and a lot of z axis.

My problems are this... how can i make the arquitecture flow (using the gold and wall textures in diferent places (walls, pits, cellings, floor) without breaking the theme?

I suck big time with lighting so can anyone give me some good advices about it? :rolleyes:

Any sugestion is well acepted!! (both pathing, textures meshes, anything at all) :) ;)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 37
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Well, you can find lighting tutorials here!

Map:
Well, looks good but it is a bit boring. The "room" in pic4 is much too big. There's nothing to hide. And the floor is just one surface. Add holes or something like that, so that the players eye is not just slipping away. There musst be something to look at..

Add some vegetation into the map like small ferns or other plants, this looks always cool and together with bird-sonds it creates something like an atmosphere..

miguelsilveira

... i like swords...
Jul 14, 2004
Portugal
www.freewebs.com
Ok heres the news...

Trimed map all the way, and added a huge amount of collums..

Adding detail whareever i can, so, i dont end up with a bsp lookin' map

vegetation remover temporally to avoid confution...

Main idea of the map (pic 4 of my fist post) completly removed..

Starting to add some Z-axis since its almost null...

1º experiment with light made it... still my sun lights look orange (problem to be fix)

Stiil working in a ansimmetric base to create a ansimetric map (just copy, rotate and paste) and i repeat... ANSIMETRIC!

Plz post your opinions and say something...

thx

btw: where are the sshots...

Attachments

• Shot00000.JPG
    Shot00000.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Shot00001.JPG
    Shot00001.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Shot00002.JPG
    Shot00002.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 28