Elder Scrolls: Skyrim [DARGONS EDITION]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
The Solitude house costs around 35,000 gold after all the upgrades. It seems like a bit of a rip-off.
I didn't feel ripped off by the lack of storage.
I felt ripped off at the very condition of the house itself.

it's supposedly the gem of player-owned homes located in the heart of the most magnificent city in the game. but it's full of cobwebs! did you notice this the first time you went inside? god damn cobwebs everywhere! in every corner of every room in the house.

what kind of bullshit is this? :lol:
I'm the god damn Thane, hero to the queen Jarl and several of her highest ranking officials. you'd think the least they could do when selling me their finest residence is clean the place up. ffs.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I can't find it now but I did find a mod for that place somewhere that made it look a lot nicer and put a lot more places for storage inside.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Anyone else seen this guy?

[SCREENSHOT]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/650997586442214522/771DAEB76D9FC004722E4069FB3F6CD07CBDC549/[/SCREENSHOT]

I think he's looking for something... He's really fast, I couldn't catch up to him.

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I wasn't asking "Have you read the wiki articles about him?" :p
Of course I read them before posting, but I thought I'd create some mysterious atmosphere and have people look for him first.

On another slightly more insane note, I have acquired Wabbajack. My enemies shall tremble at the thought of probably being turned into chickens for thirty seconds! That or they get an elemental blast to the face!

Sheogorath is by far my favorite daedric prince.

Mar 6, 2004
Awesome, just took on 2 trolls at once! Lydia with a high damage bow including + 10 shock damage, i have a dwarven bow (+15 attack or something) and +10 frost+10 health...2 trolls gone, next 2 mammoths, then 1 mamoth. It was easy, since they cant climb rock i stay on the other side of the rocks and fire away, when they move towards me going around i move away and keep at it. LOVE THIS GAME!!!! better be game of the year because it's fuckin sick! too bad the dragon above them just keeps flying in circles, i can't shoot at it to fight. :(

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
So, what's your guys' take on this?

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
[mg]http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/629[/img]

Well TES games are so easy to exploit that it's kind of hard to avoid exploiting the game. Just read Dark Eds post. Even without going out of your way to do that stuff, you will find yourself having an easy time with the game because of some elements where the obvious path is the easy and exploitable one and also the one the game basically influences you to do.

As for the effect on the game, it basically ruins any kind of immersion for me and also puts me off from playing or getting any kind of enjoyment or sense of reward out of the game. That is what happened when I played both Oblivion and Morrowind. Bought both games on release and played both for like under 15 hours because of how easy it was and it just got monotonous and there was no sense of reward or success from playing.

And then you'll come across some retarded difficulty-spike mage boss and you don't get any enjoyment out of that either cause you have to sit behind a pillar and shoot arrows at him and exploit that. Ugh.

So in conclusion, not cheating is basically cheating, or the other way around, in these games. One way just takes a while of grinding. This brings me back to that hamster pic that jacks posted a while back. I don't understand how so many people fall victim to that system, to me it's just painfully obvious and painfully unexciting, boring and not fun.

/rant

Last edited:

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali

Yeah, a lot of friends of mine have been abusing little exploits to quickly level up their characters. I'm still sitting at level 16, because I'm just exploring the crap out of this area. Thanks for the night time mod. Gotta check that stuff out.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
you have to sit behind a pillar and shoot arrows at him

you don't have to do anything.
maybe you should get a little more creative with your character build and tactics?

you don't have to be just ranged, or just melee, or just magic. there's tons of scrolls and enchants that, when combined with the ability to swap out gear in combat, provide for a variety of ways to approach any encounter. the game can be played however you choose.
it sounds like you're choosing to play it in a way that upsets you and then complaining about it :p

I know I posted the picture of the Skinner Box, but that was more making fun of achievements than the game itself or its mechanics. Skyrim is still very enjoyable for me after what has now been countless hours of play. and that's because I play it in a way that allows me to enjoy it.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
No. At least not Lydia. When I trade stuff with her, at one point it becomes impossible to give her heavy stuff. But together we can definitely carry around 7 bars of solid Dwemer metal, which is 35 ingots.
As an alchemist however, potions are so heavy and come too often. D: I frequently need to clean that inventory out.

Wrong. It doesn't work with the "I need to trade some things with you" option. You have to 'Command' them (by pointing the crosshair at them and holding the use key) to pick stuff up that you drop on the ground, or that is already on the ground. When done this way, they can literally carry an infinite amount of items.

DarkED those Iron Daggers are actually only 1 Iron ingot, and 1 leather strip, instead of 2. I'm a mage but my smithing is level 52. I'll be leveling as much as i can in everything. I too wish there was an enchanting table in my house. Perhaps someone will make one in there via mod? I'd get that mod for sure.

Whoops, my bad, I thought it was two leather strips. That's even better then.

EDIT: Well I tried DarkEd's method of picking stuff up by having her pick up 24 iron ores that I had dropped... I had only one when I went back home. I don't think I'll be using it again.

Yeah, I just discovered that myself; you can't use this with stacks of items. They glitch out and all but one disappear. If you have a stack of, say, 10 heavy armor pieces in your inventory, just drop them one-by-one then have her pick them all up one after the other. It works, trust me. I once had Lydia bring home enough pieces of Solid Dwemer Metal to smelt 200 Dwemer Metal ingots.

I didn't feel ripped off by the lack of storage.
I felt ripped off at the very condition of the house itself.

it's supposedly the gem of player-owned homes located in the heart of the most magnificent city in the game. but it's full of cobwebs! did you notice this the first time you went inside? god damn cobwebs everywhere! in every corner of every room in the house.

what kind of bullshit is this? :lol:
I'm the god damn Thane, hero to the queen Jarl and several of her highest ranking officials. you'd think the least they could do when selling me their finest residence is clean the place up. ffs.

Yeah, true. There's also a glitch in the basement where a hay texture floats in mid-air; it's near the barrel that has all the Iron Ingots stacked on it. It seems like they didn't do much QA testing on that house.

Also, keep in mind that the room in basement with lots of cobwebs and extra furniture is actually your guest bedroom, which your housecarl will move into when you become Thane of Solitude. So that room will look a lot nicer after that. But otherwise, yeah, the house in Whiterun is plenty good enough for me. If only it had that damn enchant table!

I can't find it now but I did find a mod for that place somewhere that made it look a lot nicer and put a lot more places for storage inside.

if it's anywhere, it's probably here.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/

I've looked and looked and haven't found any mods for any of the houses yet. In fact, I'd say it's probably impossible right now because the Creation Kit isn't out yet. But if you did see a mod like that and you find it, please let me know!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Does anyone know how i can equip armor and stuff for my companion? i know how it works, but my +35 defense armor is not equipping with Lydia. She has only a weapon and a helmet on, with some ragged clothes that aren't on her "apparel" list. I'm trying to get her all buffed up with many 2 handed enchanted armors but it's not equipping. :/ +25 damage 2 handed sword with +18 frost damage she's using.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Does anyone know how i can equip armor and stuff for my companion? i know how it works, but my +35 defense armor is not equipping with Lydia. She has only a weapon and a helmet on, with some ragged clothes that aren't on her "apparel" list. I'm trying to get her all buffed up with many 2 handed enchanted armors but it's not equipping. :/ +25 damage 2 handed sword with +18 frost damage she's using.

Companions will only use armor and weapons that are better than what they come with. It depends on the base defense score for each piece, enchantments do not factor into the score. Lydia's default is a full set of Steel Armor and I think a Steel Greatsword, but I'm not sure. Please note that these items don't show up in the trade list. Don't give her Light Armor as she will probably not wear all of it and it will be very ineffective. If you want her to wear a full set, put her in Dwarven or higher Heavy Armor.